Gameinformer GTA V demo impressions

Garrett

Advanced Member
I've never really been a huge fan of the series, but Rockstar seem to have pushed out the boat even further than usual with this one..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2LwzlQ7vZLQ?feature=oembed

Some new in game screenshots for your delectation..

20121112092110-rsg_gtav_screenshot_029.jpg
20121112092014-rsg_gtav_screenshot_032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I tried GTA IV as a rental and I never really got to much in to it. The open world games are stuff we dreamed of as kids, and then once you get the technology it isn't always what you dreamed it to be(can often times become very boring). Now the open world aspect isn't really the problem, but you have to be entertained in that world, and GTA IV left me pretty empty. Going on dates and hitting up the bowling alley's wasn't my idea of fun.

The character(Niko I believe), just didn't appeal to me personally, and even though the world was HUGE it just never really felt "real" to me. Now Red Dead Redemption was the complete opposite for me, I could ride that damn horse thru the country for hours and I loved every minute of it. Even though it wasn't the concrete empire of GTA IV, it just felt so "Alive" to me. Here, I felt an instant attachment to the main character, that I really didn't get from GTA IV.

Part V looks very cool, and there is 3 main characters so I may give it a shot somewhere down the road, but I doubt I'll buy it at launch, as my back log is forever HUGE, with no site of reduction coming anytime soon :p

Chris

Only thing that bugged me about GTA IV was the people nagging you. Dammit Roman can I just have 5 minutes to myself!

To me the this took a bit of fun away from the freedom (Sandboxyness?) I loved in GTA III / Vice City and prior games.

Looks good alright.Depends how much of the cool stuff in the vid is actually playable in-game though.

As with jumpman I found gta 4 boring and lacking in many areas. Traded it back in as I was not going to invest the time in it.

I loved GTA III and Vice City (but not VC Stories), Loved the scale and scope of San Andreas (but not the having to eat/date/dress crud that had begun to intrude) and like a lot of you, found GTA IV left me cold. The core game experience seemed to have drifted too far, and up itself.

The new trailer - though I hate that it's 'cut scene' material rather than simply in game footage (I hate cut scenes, just let me get on with the game ffs!) - seems to signal a return to the San Andreas' era gameplay rather than continue along the evolutionary path of GTA IV. Notice the introduction of things some rival games do well, like the grapple hook.

If I'm not forced to perform tedious repetitive drudgery like keeping irritating girlfriends happy or having to eat, maybe not having to retain territory (wasn't too bad in San Andreas, was just no fun Vice City Stories) then this slightly nostalgic looking GTA could be a real blast.

Back