Games That Only You Like...

Cervante said:
Spawn in the demons hand.
That game is kick ass, I just don't think enough people played it.

I think I will add Spider-Man 3 (360/PS3/PC version) to the list. It's not the greatest game in the world but it's fun to play and just plain ol' web swinging in New York is pretty damn fun for a while. I also like the new combat style. Whenever someone speaks of this game I always seem to hear negative things about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Picross. It's one of those games that you just have to try before you understand the addiction. Try and explain to someone what it is about and how to play it and you just get blank looks.

GunValkery on the Xbox.

This game is one of my all time favorites. I'm the only person I know of that even remotely likes the game. It got panned in every review I've ever read.

But, for some reason, that game pushed all the right buttons for me.

Strangely, I also like many of the games mentioned here, especially:

Gun Valkyrie
Picross (DS version is the best, but I've been playing them since the SNES)
Powerdrift on c64 (I used to dream about owning this, but it wasn't until many years after it came out that I actually got to play it)
Yoshi's Cookie
Big Mutha Truckers (and the sequel too, although 18 Wheeler on the Dreamcast is my fave trucker game)
Chuck Rock
Wizkid (one of my favorite games *ever*)
Skeleton Krew

A couple more:

Clumsy Colin Action Biker (c64) -- free roaming gameplay years before GTA
Rogue Trooper (Xbox) -- every bit as good as Halo for me.
After the War (Amiga) -- probably some rose-colored glasses here, but the chunky sprites really did it for me at the time.
Echo Night: Beyond (PS2) -- great story and atmosphere.

Ah, there's so many gems out there!

icurafu said:
I was going to say X-COM: Apocalypse, but apparently there are others who liked it.

I would say Total Annilation: Kingdoms.

I <3 TA:K, so yeah...

Mine are Iron Tank for NES and Legend of the Mystical Ninja for SNES

Joust

sure it is a classic beloved in it's day but when I say to most people that it's my fave game they haven't heard of it and laugh at me when I explain it, calling me old school and retro freak etc and tell me to get with the times :rolleyes:

And that is at work BTW, I'm a games tester at SEGA, surrounded by nerds, any mention of SNK draws a crowd but mention Williams and they don't know what you are talking about.

RyokoSparda said:
Joust

sure it is a classic beloved in it's day but when I say to most people that it's my fave game they haven't heard of it and laugh at me when I explain it, calling me old school and retro freak etc and tell me to get with the times :rolleyes:
And that is at work BTW, I'm a games tester at SEGA, surrounded by nerds, any mention of SNK draws a crowd but mention Williams and they don't know what you are talking about.

A games tester at SEGA? Is it like working in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, or is it a depressing experience which makes you wish you were working there fifteen years ago instead of now?

I like Joust. And Time Pilot.

RyokoSparda said:
Joust

Dear god, I wish I had your job.

Mind you, if you are forced to play games like Mario and Sonic: Olympics over and over again, I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for you ;)

Back