Games

Nightfall

Still Fresh
Can we get the Pandora to run the old half-life,blue shift, and opposing force??? :pandora2ut4: :D

Nightfall said:
Can we get the Pandora to run the old half-life,blue shift, and opposing force??? :pandora2ut4: :D

No. They are only Windows games.

Please search first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry no, it's not open source :(

edit:
There was a Quake MOD project I stumbled upon a while ago, that tried to make Half-Life maps run. I posted it somewhere on these boards.

Nightfall said:
Jeez!
smack.gif

Attachments

• smack.gif
    smack.gif
    424 bytes · Views: 100
Its capable but half life is closed source.. there was rumours of Half Life 2 Source leaking onto the net but not sure if it ever surfaced.

http://gemal.dk/blog/2003/10/03/halflife_2_is_now_open_source/

Edit: Ninja'd

The best thing the pandora can hope for is a streaming type of software simular to
streammygame on windows/linux/ps3 ,that would mean you could literally run any windows
x86 type of game and media file.

Idon't think it's too far fetched an idea as the psp can do it tho it doesn't have
the desired efffect unless the host has a capable OS running like linux/ubuntu
or windows.

Have a look for pspdisp on youtube for an idea.

paddy said:
The best thing the pandora can hope for is a streaming type of software simular to
streammygame on windows/linux/ps3 ,that would mean you could literally run any windows
x86 type of game and media file.

Idon't think it's too far fetched an idea as the psp can do it tho it doesn't have
the desired efffect unless the host has a capable OS running like linux/ubuntu
or windows.

Have a look for pspdisp on youtube for an idea.

Yeah that's cool but not really ideal as likely, most people will want a true mobile experience (Me) and as that will probably only happen running locally this doesn't really help.

Nice for at home though

I'm actually really sad for this, I loved the original HL and mods. They came out during the best part of my gaming life, mid High School when I had lots of free time to play games so I have fond memories of HL.

Never fall in love with a game that isn't made by id or uses an id engine, it is the only way to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately id doesn't make the best games anymore . . .

second exodous said:
I'm actually really sad for this, I loved the original HL and mods. They came out during the best part of my gaming life, mid High School when I had lots of free time to play games so I have fond memories of HL.

Never fall in love with a game that isn't made by id or uses an id engine, it is the only way to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately id doesn't make the best games anymore . . .

Maybe not the "best" games but still I have enjoyed all id software titles AFAIR

mvickers03 said:
second exodous said:

Maybe not the "best" games but still I have enjoyed all id software titles AFAIR
Me also, id is my favorite company over all, but I never enjoy their single player games as much as other companies.

Email them and ask for open source .. naa scrub that but hey listen .....

pssst .. if that dreamcast emu gets going on panda then you will have your halflife&blueshift.

second exodous said:
mvickers03 said:
second exodous said:

Me also, id is my favorite company over all, but I never enjoy their single player games as much as other companies.

Yeah, I agree not had a HOT single player id software title, IMO since probably doom 3 and RTCW. any single player games you know of planned soon? nout much on there website I can see

paddy said:
Email them and ask for open source .. naa scrub that but hey listen .....

pssst .. if that dreamcast emu gets going on panda then you will have your halflife&blueshift.

The Half-Life port for Dreamcast (which was never officially released) used WinCE and will not run in NullDCe. http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/WindowsCE?from=Main.WinCE

dam dam dam dam gundam ... grr wwe are onto nill then.

The only other option is a graphics port from another engine untill
halflife gets open.

Why won't HL run on a dreamcast emulator?
I thought emulators emulate all aspects of the machine?

Dreamcast half life

That sucks..

Resident Evil 2 uses WinCE to on Dreamcast ("powered By WindowsCE" on packaging) and it runs under emulation??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9km4aHjzI

this would work and when you get your Pandora you will be able to play
this mod pretty soon.

kingoddball said:
Why won't HL run on a dreamcast emulator?
I thought emulators emulate all aspects of the machine?

Dreamcast half life

That sucks..

Resident Evil 2 uses WinCE to on Dreamcast ("powered By WindowsCE" on packaging) and it runs under emulation??

Most Emulators only Emulate the parts of the hardware required to fool it into thinking it's running on actual hardware.. unfortunately Windows CE is required and is MS copyright, therefore prolly won't ever be emulated (commercially at least)

PhonicUK said:
Nightfall said:

No. They are only Windows games.

Please search first.
Um... I might not have read this right, but he is asking about 3 "different" games... one of which i know you got a Linux native executable for. It still wont work on the Panda, of course, but saying it's impossible due to it being windows games, is simply wrong. It's impossible since it's x86 code, and closed source means it cant be recompiled by "us".
B!

paddy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9km4aHjzI

this would work and when you get your Pandora you will be able to play
this mod pretty soon.
Interesting. Could you please provide us with a link to the project home page?

^ I guess it's Quake-Life
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/servers-coding/4030-quake-life-source-open.html

Back