GAMEStm Magazine

terrorballuk

Still Fresh
For those people that don't live in the uk or have access to good magazine shops I'd like to bring your attention to a great mag.
The Mag is called GAMEStm and is made by the people behind EDGE.
It is a very good multiformat mag but best of all every month it runs big features on retro gaming and selected consoles. this month it is the NES and last month was the SNES the reason i am bringing this to your attentin is I often see posts from people saying what game is good for this emulator etc. Well basically the features in the retro centre are a veritable best games list for the console with lots of recommendations and some interesting histories.

If anyone is interested try the website at www.totalgames.net
should see you allright

i also read GAMES(tm)
i think it a very good read, the retro (nasty word) section is by far the best ive seen in any magazine (apart from the EDGE retro special)

i would say that if you see this magazine then give it a try :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there has been 2 EDGE retro specials so far.............

the first was the general one.......

the second was a making of...... including my fav game chuckie egg!!!!!!!!

i just hope they make some more...

:D

Good magazine, forget about the Forums as they are full of Trolls. When I talked about the GP32 people thought I was some insane monster! :eek:

I've found a load of mistakes in a few of the magazines as well (or perhaps I did not agree with what they were saying?!). I meant to send them an e-mail but remembering the nice time I had in the forums I've not sent anything.

Anyone from the magazine come here?

Christ! That place is Trollville, and what's worst, a single post of "PS sucks! How did they sell so many units!? N64 ROX0RZ!!!!11111" attracts tons of replies! (YHBT, HAND)

I checked a few of your posts, Demonix, and you did mention the GP32 a lot, but on the whole people thought it was pretty good. Doing a search of the general board for 'GP32' reveals that quite a few people are interested in it, and one person said "it makes the GBA look like a ZX-81".

The worst I could find was "I don't like to go to a website where I might not like what I see, especially if there is an emu involved." after one of your posts, but then again I didn't look much.

- Rico

Perhaps some threads have been removed? Someone was slagging me off for talking about a handheld which has hardly sold in Europe etc... oh well. At least these forums are a good place to chat about the GP32.

Currently I'm not able to get into the other "Total Game" forums - it says im not authorised to view them??!! :D

Anyway, Game magazine is ok and I'll be buying it at the weekend for the Retro section. I wonder if they will ever add the GP32 to their list? If they do I'll be getting a subscription. :lol:

Did you guys know that the GP32 got the 2nd prize in the best hardware of the year? Games TM seems to be a good magazine - I've bought all of the first few issues. Good Retro section.

Back