GP32:zine

zimba

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm staring up a project here. The first unofficial GP32 magazine, dedicated to bring you the latest news, articles, interviews, reviews and loads more in one fancy online mag. So far, I'm just starting to develop the lay-out, which is a long and boring process, and considering I don't have anything to put in the magazine yet, I'm going to need help.

I'm looking for someone who meets these qualifications:

You can write english at average level.
You have good knowlegde in the retro gamescene (this is not absolutely needed, but it would be good :p).
You know the GP32 really well.
You have some free time to write articles, news, etc.

I hope someone is willing to help me here, contact me by this thread, or by mail at gustav.lassen@adr.dk.
Oh and contributing with money is also highly appriciated :p

The frontpage is nearly done (http://www.kroglassen.dk/Images/frontpage.pdf), but please be warned that the text is only temporary, and will reflect the magazines final content.
The magazine will online be available online, not on paper, as I don't have the economical basis to start that up. The magazine will be free to download as a PDF. This may change if the magazine develops into some big, and we'll be able to earn money on it.

I'm also looking for someone who can put up an informative and beautiful website for the mag, where people are able to download the mag, and do loads of other interesting stuff. If you have skills in designing websites, and/or coding dynamical websites, contact me at gustav.lassen@adr.dk, and I would want to see some of your previous work.

Thanks for your interest, and don't hestitate to contact me...

Gustav Krog Lassen

NssOne: Retro games in general. Both actually, but this does'nt weight as much as having GP32 knowledge.

BTW, I would like to welcome a known guy to the team, he's a great person, and I absolutely LOVE to have him on the team. Welcome _tyrell_! :p

Most of you may recognize him from his wonderful spectrum emulator, and he'll contribute with great programming articles, game reviews and much more. Again, thanks man!

Cheers,

Gustav Krog Lassen

I'm looking for someone who meets these qualifications:

You can write english at a highly-educated level.
You know/have experience in writing in an informative way (news, articles, interviews)
You have good/great knowlegde in the retro gamescene.
You are willing to contribute to the GP32 scene.
You have to be able to work on a team
:D It seems you have higher prerequisites than needed to be a professional games journo.

The best way to recruit is to ask for a 500 word article. Take the best, scrap the rest and take the few really good writes on full time if thier up for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right JDUK.....will it be a cool zine you can read without breaking you brain, or will it be a new concurent for the technical medical astronomical the "omniscient"....
it's seems quite funny in french
excusez du peu.. :D

You know/have experience in writing in an informative way (news, articles, interviews)

1. Does a better than average 6th grade count? (my teachers say that I am better than average)
2. If I am not forced to I could prolly write that well (I will want to, so no forcing needed)
3. Um, but, mabye, no. My first game thingy was GBA
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

Thanks for your feedback, I edited my previous post to reflect the changes you wanted to be made. The magazine will focus on average GP32 users, that being not the extremely knowledged programmers. We will bring a lot of programming tutorials, both for newbies and advanced. We will bring you reviews of all the great games you've never heard about.

If anyone is still interested, please contact me!

1. Yes
2. Sorta
3. First Console was the GB
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

Thanks for all your response, I have no intend in collaborating with Slander, though he's doing a fabulous job :) Right now I would want to keep this to myself, and maybe on a later date, if he's interested, we could join forces. Maybe make two different versions of the magazine, a pdf, and the handheld version for Slander.

To Evil_Cartman and Rcx21000, write a small - about 200-300 words - article on why you like the GP32 so much, and send it to my mail address here: gustav.lassen@adr.dk.

I'm also looking for a webdesigner, so if anyones interested, contact me by the same address: gustav.lassen@adr.dk

Thanks for all!

A cool idea would be to have a review section dedicated to some of the best games available on the emulators, perhaps with contrasting screenshots of the game on different platforms (if available). A small box out giving Pad/keyboard layout for people to immediately start playing would also be excellent.
Interviewing some of this scenes coders would be interesting, finding out how they got into coding, what their favourite machine/games are, and what they plan to work on next. As you can see this idea has got me fairly excited.

A cool idea would be to have a review section dedicated to some of the best games available on the emulators, perhaps with contrasting screenshots of the game on different platforms (if available). A small box out giving Pad/keyboard layout for people to immediately start playing would also be excellent.
Interviewing some of this scenes coders would be interesting, finding out how they got into coding, what their favourite machine/games are, and what they plan to work on next. As you can see this idea has got me fairly excited.
All these ideas have already been covered, and is taken into serious consideration. I love the reviews idea, and I would love to do it in the magazine, and you can expect it to be a section like this in one of the first issues.

I will also try to conduct some interviews, perhaps with ryleh/interlecto or anyone else, working on an emulator/program.

We will do the controls things for every game as well :)

Cheers mates

Last edited by a moderator:
Back