Garden2x V0.1

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Garden2x by ParkyDR is a port of "Garden of Coloured Lights" ( http://www.allegro.cc/depot/GardenofColouredLights ). It's a musical shoot-em-up influenced by rRootage, Radiant Silvergun and Rez.

garden2x.png

Download: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,2499

Looks like just my type of game, i'll definitely be trying this out when I get home from work. :)

+ Many thanks to Linley Henzell for creating the original game and to ParkyDR for porting it.

Wow !,

Bravo ! Excellent release,

Thanks for brigning those cool shmup to the gp2x ;)

paxl13

Incredibly good looking game. Thanks for this, ParkyDR!

Regards,
Stephan

Addicting game.

The level 1 boss becomes unnecessarily hard because of the bullet trail problem; it leaves you with little room to maneuver.

As of the slow button, in the PC, the difference is slightly noticeable, but here, it doesn't seem to be working. Although, I don't really use it anyways, and not to mention, the A button is hard to use along with the B button. :p

Thanks yet again for porting this. Thanks also to the original creator. :D

I've found the problem with the slow key - it won't work at the moment. Still looking at the tails problem.

Edit: I'm making A, L and R all slow keys

I now know why you can hit trails (I haven't a solution yet) - it uses 8 bit colour with transparency.

When the colour is set then read, it isn't the same value.
E.g. The trail is plotted in colour 119, which the collision check ignores but the value read is 118 which is a collision.

On the PC (24 bit) the value varies with some larger values (no collision) and the occasional lower value. On the gp2x all odd values become even guaranteeing a collision.

yay, looks good.... just my sort of thing. Very hard though, and my stick is starting to annoy me as well!

thnx fot the port, as for me that problem of hitting trails is pretty challenging and fun so, if you solve the problem, could you implement it as an activate option? so I can play the 3 dificult levels with even more punishment XD.

I'm working on it - I tried the quick fix of changing the offending colours but then the trails go transparent.

I'm having to look into how 8 bit transparent colour maps work in allegro.

Back