Gathering Pictures and Videos

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently heavily working on creating an updated homepage.

While there's still a lot of work to do (CSS, Layout, general information texts, etc.), I will add focus on Videos and Pictures, as in my opinion, that's the best way to show what the Pandora can do to interested people.

This is where I need your help :)

On the new website, we'll have a community videos and pictures section.

Well, why not gather these while I'm working on the website?

Then we'll have a nice set of pictures and videos once I'm finished and we'll officially go online with it.

The video and images galleries have already been setup.

Anyone who posted videos on YouTube or has his own set of pictures, feel free to add them to the new site already.

You can either register on the site or user your Pandora Boards-Login :)

Here is the link:

http://newweb.openpa...rg/jupgrade/en/

Go to "Media", setup your account, log in and either add YouTube / Google Videos or upload images. In the image gallery, it's also possible to create albums, so you could create a "QEmu"-Album or similar.

Please ignore most of the other stuff on the homepage for now - as said, it's WIP and a lot will change there.

Also let me know if you have any issues with the gallery or video upload.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice idea Ed. Not got mine yet to add pics or video but when you add to the homepage I'd recommend a larger in-your-face button link to the media section as well as the top menu link

I just signed up with no problems, but I won't be able to add anything until later, since my ailing main box is resting right now. :p Just letting you know that the sign-up process is all fine, even with quite long e-mail addresses (mine sometimes causes issues :p ).

I take it that these accounts we sign up now will persist when the new site is officially rolled out?

I added some stuff, but if I want to update the tags or descriptions I get:

You are not authorised to view this resource.

The file could not be uploaded. The data in the form probably exceeds the post_max_size directive in php.ini.

Edit: Also the videos won't play on the ipad2.

Unable to upload on i.e or firefox.

Even tried a very small file, seems to attack OK to the boards.

the_king.jpg

Looking good, just watched a video on the section.

I think all the Pandora sites need a new top level menu, one that sits on top and ties all the sites together.

the new in development official homepage, these official boards, the official wiki pages... they're all separate and and I think having a new horizontal menu bar that sits on top of all these sites linking to eachother would be good. Allowing quick access to them all from any single site

Yeah this forums top menu has links to all the official sites, here, the homepage, the wiki, the repo and the app store.

But all those other sites don't have such a menu and not uniformed, just having a same looking menu, like this forums one, on the top of all the sites, straight away it would add more uniform and easier access to each site, imo

I added some stuff, but if I want to update the tags or descriptions I get:

The file could not be uploaded. The data in the form probably exceeds the post_max_size directive in php.ini.

Thanks, I'll check that.

Edit: Also the videos won't play on the ipad2.

Hmm, these are YouTube-Embeds. Do any embedded YouTube-Videos work on the iPad2?

Unable to upload on i.e or firefox.

Even tried a very small file, seems to attack OK to the boards.

What error do you get?

I think all the Pandora sites need a new top level menu, one that sits on top and ties all the sites together.
quote++

That's a good idea - but not easy to achieve, as the boards are IPB, the website is Joomla, etc.

But I can try doing the same menu contents on all sites...

Hmm, these are YouTube-Embeds. Do any embedded YouTube-Videos work on the iPad2?

yes, normally they work. For example if you embedd one here in the forum, it will play.

Maybe the site doesn't switch to html5 if it can't use flash?

It looks like I'm the only person to upload any photos, so far! :lol: (I've only uploaded two, as I only have two particularly amusing images.)

Congratulations, your photo gallery's been christened with an image of a Pandora with a certain CPS2 PCB... :p

Some more categories should be welcome, like "Events" (think of the Ingo trip, of course, but also FOSDEM, replay expo etc.), "Pandora at work", "Kids with Pandora", "Pandora with accessories", "Custom Pandora" (Askarus mod)...

May think of another categories.

It would be nice to be able to category videos under the actual program/emu it pertains to.

As many of my video I linked straight from youtube so they all have the "Open pandora running"

I can always edit this tho ;)

On the developer info page is still only a reference to the outdated apps.o.o

Back