Gauntlet On Mame4All

Sugarfix

Has anyone had any luck running Gaunlet on MAME4ALL?

I've tried it and have had no success. I just get a black screen. The software is still responsive as I can get back to the menu to select another rom.

I've run RomCentre on it and it reckons it's all OK in terms of the roms in the zip and their names, and it runs fine on MAME on my PC.

Just to check: What version of MAME are you using on your PC? Also, have you tried to run it in MAME 0.106 on the Pandora, instead of MAME4All (MAME4All being based on 0.37b5).

Yes, it runs perfectly. I have 4 versions of Gauntlet 1, and just one version for part 2, but they all run flawless. A really nice game to run on your Pandora. I think I'll go play now, thanks!

Like P. says, double check your rom set, and make sure it is for Mame4all. There's a topic around here somewhere on how to use the tools to get working roms for your paticular emu(Mame, NeoGoe, ect). It's like brain surgery to me, so I just find other ways of getting working games, but if you don't mind the leg work, that is the way to go for sure.

Chris

Cheers for the replies both, I've checked and I'm missing a 16kb rom (.6b)which appears to have been removed from the last dump I downloaded so I need to go back through my old versions and find a suitable dump.

I don't think I can dump them myslef from my dusty old boards. :(

Well, it's all working OK now.

I managed to find old versions lurking on an old HDD and they work just fine. It was just down to the missing rom in the zip.

Back