Gb/gbc Emu Status?

Line O posted on Sep 10 2006 at 04:45 AM said:
I thought his nick sounded familiar. :) I just finished reading through that quickstart guide, too.

Well, maybe Peter Swimm hadn't heard of it...

Straws. Clutching.

yea but again.. id still would use lsdj alot on the gp2x if it worked better...

Last edited by a moderator:
muphicks posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
Plus it never hurts to have a version of the source available should anything occur and the original creator drop off the internet. Nothing wrong with releasing early and often rather than waiting till everything is perfect :)

I Asked him about this some time back. He's apparently embarassed by the state of the .07b code and wants to clean it up a bit before releasing.

Starting to lose faith, though. It's been a while. :(

OMars posted on Sep 10 2006 at 01:02 PM said:
Good points you have there. PM k-teto or something about it.
I think you're going to need to find him on GP32spain. He is on #gp2xdev a lot though, your best bet is to msg him there. Last time I did he sent me a custom beta with SRAM support I asked for. :D

Epicenter posted on Sep 29 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
OMars posted on Sep 10 2006 at 01:02 PM said:
Good points you have there. PM k-teto or something about it.
I think you're going to need to find him on GP32spain. He is on #gp2xdev a lot though, your best bet is to msg him there. Last time I did he sent me a custom beta with SRAM support I asked for. :D
If it is stable, care to share it with us?

He told me he was working on a feature to colorize your B/W gameboy games. Excellent idea, he showed me some examples and they looked impressive. I can't wait to see it.

Any news from the front? The new GUI would be really nice, since the current one is a nightmare and is the only big default of this great emulator! (with SRAM maybe, but savestates are enough for me).

Also, is the source code for 0.6 as "dirty" as the current one? With it and a few tweaks to the menu, this would greatly enhance the interface!

Voyageur posted on Dec 6 2006 at 10:44 AM said:
Any news from the front? The new GUI would be really nice, since the current one is a nightmare and is the only big default of this great emulator! (with SRAM maybe, but savestates are enough for me).

Also, is the source code for 0.6 as "dirty" as the current one? With it and a few tweaks to the menu, this would greatly enhance the interface!

A new menu and better zip support would be great. It has been said that zips are supported but I could never get it to work.

Something like Picodrive would be nice, where you can map the controls. I love how minimalist it is. Though, the splash is but beautiful for GNUboy2X. The flickering is... less than ideal.

For the 2 button consoles I like
A A
B

Which gives me two orientations to feel for and Y could be a menu button or something. I'm just brainstorming.

Shadowsithe posted on Dec 6 2006 at 02:01 PM said:
Which gives me two orientations to feel for and Y could be a menu button or something. I'm just brainstorming.

Actually, I'd really really like it if Y was not mapped to a menu. I hate guessing what the menu buttons are. I wish everything would just finally conform to the standard L+R+Start for the menu.

I do love the GNUBoy emulator, but I must say it's pretty confusing and counter-intuitive to use. The wrong button press gets you a little lost in the menus and the srolling messages to tell you the controls take ages to work their way across the screen with the tip you're waiting for.

Any chance of a more straightforward menu system in the next release? No need for bells and whistles, just something efficient and functional would be great, perhaps in a Gameboy graphic style. Other than that it's a fantastic emulator!

®

Back