Gb/gbc Emu Status?

Well, is not an update, just a beta that someone asked for and i put it there, use it if you want, SRAM and RTC saving and loading works in that version, but you must exit to the file selector to save sram (is loaded automatically when you load a rom with SRAM, the same applies to RTC)

(I meant your reply; you updated us with current status :) Thanks again)

K-teto posted on Aug 31 2006 at 10:39 PM said:
Ok ok, now seriously, the emulator is not abandoned nor dead, i've been busy for the last few months, but i'm returning to my normal life in a couple of weeks, and i'll resume my work where i left it, expect full zip support and new features, a rewritten gui with new graphics and new system (specially for savestates :rolleyes: ) and some improvements.

EDIT: i forgot to say that zip oly works for files less than 2Mb for now, it was a quick implementation, pretty hack-ish, so, don't expect it to work with every rom.

Great thanks. zips were the only major thing lacking to me. It is great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K-teto posted on Aug 31 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
Ok ok, now seriously, the emulator is not abandoned nor dead, i've been busy for the last few months, but i'm returning to my normal life in a couple of weeks, and i'll resume my work where i left it, expect full zip support and new features, a rewritten gui with new graphics and new system (specially for savestates :rolleyes: ) and some improvements.
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

EDIT: Haha yeah this totally doesn't work for me. Zips don't load. *sigh*

I don't get it. I just tried this. It comes up with a screen that says "press start". Ok so I press start, it just dumps out to the GP2X menu WTF? The last version worked, what is the trick?

I love this emulator K-teto!

I just wish the way the program exits was improved, maybe have a higher level menu system i.e. load rom, exit etc, another option could be a function to say "are you sure" before saving states so you dont accidently over write them by pressing A.

Keep up the great work!

OH as a bug report for 0.7, Ive found that when exiting the program to gmenu2x and going back into the emulator over and over the games can slow down (like the memory was getting further and further loaded) until the game will not load. This occured for Zelda DX in a zip.

starpause posted on Aug 31 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
i wish that the sound emulation in gnuboy was better. however, this is an issue with all versions of gnuboy, not just the gp2x version.

i realize my sound concerns are above and beyond the average users emulation needs ... i make techno on my gameboy using the littleSoundDj software. you can purchase a license and you get access to the roms ... but there is no emulator good enough on gp2x to play it! on my desktop (linux) i use visualBoyAdvance and that sounds good!

+1

I dont make techno but I love lsdj

K-teto posted on Aug 31 2006 at 11:39 PM said:
Ok ok, now seriously, the emulator is not abandoned nor dead, i've been busy for the last few months, but i'm returning to my normal life in a couple of weeks [SNIP]

Any chance of a source code dump soonish? I know it probably isn't all that high on your priority list to release source that you havn't had a chance to tidy up, but would certainly appreciate it.

muphicks posted on Sep 9 2006 at 07:57 AM said:
K-teto posted on Aug 31 2006 at 11:39 PM said:
Ok ok, now seriously, the emulator is not abandoned nor dead, i've been busy for the last few months, but i'm returning to my normal life in a couple of weeks [SNIP]

Any chance of a source code dump soonish? I know it probably isn't all that high on your priority list to release source that you havn't had a chance to tidy up, but would certainly appreciate it.
Do you feel that you can make it better? :huh:

starpause posted on Sep 1 2006 at 05:07 AM said:
i wish that the sound emulation in gnuboy was better. however, this is an issue with all versions of gnuboy, not just the gp2x version.

i realize my sound concerns are above and beyond the average users emulation needs ... i make techno on my gameboy using the littleSoundDj software. you can purchase a license and you get access to the roms ... but there is no emulator good enough on gp2x to play it! on my desktop (linux) i use visualBoyAdvance and that sounds good!

Have either of you tried out LittleGPtracker?

LittleGPTracker (a.k.a 'The piggy') is a sample based tracker for GP32, GP2x and windows currently under development. It implements the user interface of littlesounddj, a very famous tracker for the Gameboy platform. It currently supports 8 monophonic 16Bit/44.1Khz stereo channels

As well as supporting regular sample tracking, the program host support for driving MIDI instrument through a custom designed MIDI interface.

OMars posted on Sep 9 2006 at 03:49 PM said:

Does it matter if I do or don't?

If I thought I could do better, I'd be doing my own port. I'm just interested in reading through it, much like I have with squidgesnes and Drmd. Although in this case I would also like to make a small modification to the roms path setup.

Plus it never hurts to have a version of the source available should anything occur and the original creator drop off the internet. Nothing wrong with releasing early and often rather than waiting till everything is perfect :)

muphicks posted on Sep 10 2006 at 01:56 PM said:
OMars posted on Sep 9 2006 at 03:49 PM said:

Does it matter if I do or don't?

If I thought I could do better, I'd be doing my own port. I'm just interested in reading through it, much like I have with squidgesnes and Drmd. Although in this case I would also like to make a small modification to the roms path setup.

Plus it never hurts to have a version of the source available should anything occur and the original creator drop off the internet. Nothing wrong with releasing early and often rather than waiting till everything is perfect :)
Good points you have there. PM k-teto or something about it.

Back