GBC emus?

Mash

I got one of them to work, but it has no sound, runs perfectly fine. Only reason I wanted it was for DDR :-s . I tried GBVGB, but I can't get it to run. Does this one have sound, i might consider changing my OS to get this thing to work.

I think it's just a weird bug in some GP32 unit, some run it just fine, others don't, I'm not sure how you can correct this

Oh right, GPVGB, I expect is uses some sort of low-level operation set that messes up on some rogue GP32 units - source isn't released so we'll never be able to fix it :(

It`s full speed w/sound, Although there is a slight click in the sound now and again, Not that noticeable.
The doc`s say there is save which i have tried, I don`t know if it works, As there is no load option.

Hope this helps

Trooper

It's decently fast. It has some nice full screen scaling options that slow it doan a little, but it's nearly full speed even then with sound on. And yes it supports saves, but not save states. If the real game cart had battery sram, then it will save that data and auto load when you start the game up. Like the real thing.

The sound is iffy, on some games it's very good, on others it's bad. Zelda DX sounds pretty good. The sound still cracks and pops tho sometimes, as it's an older GP32 program and before people found better ways to implement sound I guess.

The worst thing is that some GP32's don't work with it. Mine does, luckily. But as was said - if it's not working for you, there's nothing you can do except buy another GP32 and cross your fingers. ;) But don't bother, because there will probably be a new and better GBC emu soon enough.

GPVGB is the best a the moment w/sound AFAIK.
But as mentioned above, It only works on most/some GP32s :blink: .

Trooper
dont work on mine and its really annoying!! (just boots up with a green line across the screen)

roll on another release ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back