Geepee

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
I try and run GeePee using a created SMC card, and the FreeLauncher will run, but the FL wont run any apps or games. (just doesnt do anything when I press the button when they are selected). Same happens if I have any fxe's anything in the game folder, it will show them on the list but wont launch them,

If I use a game or app that doesnt use directories (so no SMC image is needed) it works just fine.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Maybe its the maker I use for the SMC? Does anyone have some SMC file that has some kind of app on it that I can test?

I know that GeePee doesnt emulate very fast at all, I just want to look at a few things and "fiddle" arround with it until my GP32FLU arrives.

The copy of free launcher is not encoded for the GP32 rom file you have. Therefore, the rom file was not taken from a GP32 you own. <_<

Therefore, I'm not going to help you.... Can't you wait until your FLU arrives? :)

freelauncher last i know was never encoded for my gp32, i d/led all the files before registering. and it worked so i could flash my gp32

Who said anything about roms? You assume I am trying to emulate some illegal ripped software program. I am trying to run little programs, such as the little paint programs, and the other small, fast programs that would run without serious problems on GeePee.

As I said, games run fine, I can download the free games that are on JoyGP (like Fire & Fire) and those run fine (the ones that are not fpk), but anything I try to run on a generated SMC doesnt seem to want to launch. Even those same free games that work when "not" in a SMC image, dont launch when in one.

And yes I could wait for my GP32FLU, but I am bored and figured I would test out a few apps and free games to see which ones would be worth using when it arrives, rather than waste precious erase cycles on my SMC.

Stop overreacting man, taras is correct in what he says. When he said ROM image, he is referring to the bios image you have in your geepee32 directory. Each GP32 contains a PUID that makes it unique.. Files such as freelauncher are encoded to function only on the device used to register the download.

In order to use that free launcher in your emulator, you must get the PUID off your device and put it into the emulator.. I'm not going to describe this process, but that is essentially what you must do.

Thank you. See was that so hard? Thats all I was asking, not some 3rd degree, I just wanted to know why they were not working.

taras' post while it does explain why, in its only little way, it doesnt say that that IS why, it just mentions that its not from my GP32 and says therefore he wont help me, He could have said "That is the reason why it doesnt work" instead of "Therefore I will not help you". Easy enough eh? I wasnt asking for help, I was asking to know why, and if anyone didnt maybe someone send me a small smc image to see if its just me.

I wasnt aware that the FL was encoded in anyway, I knew that commercial games were, but I didnt know that FL was.. I guess if thats true, then I am forced to wait a month until my GP gets here.

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything, really :)

Back