GemRB on 1GHz Pandora

Tokiopop

Can anyone with a 1GHz pandora try Baldurs Gate 2 with GemBR please? Just to see how well it runs etc

This game is very dear to me :p

I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if the sound stuttering whenever magic effects play will be fixed from the speed increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last realease was broke afaik. You could not make a character in bg1.

OK. Can I create one on pc and copy it over? Or should I grab an older gemrb version to try it? Got a little while - downloading from gog.com...

No clue. Just tried it, it didn't work and I started waiting for a fix ;)

Got BG2 working. Before I make a video is there a trick to adjust the brightness? The gui controls don't seem to do alot! Guess I'll just do the opening animation since there are a few spells etc there and it will be the same on both (performance allowing...).

I'll try out BG1 character creation too first... (edit : that works...)

edit: Trying to work out brightness - will do a video and then pnd this version once that is done... Are there any code changes typically applied to Pandora builds? This is a straight build - without vlc plugin yet...

Maybe get into contact with the author of the pnd on the repo, so you can updtae the pnd there without habing to make another version. That might confuse people. But nice, that it works in this version :)

I tried the intro sequence and there wasn't much in it - not worth editing/posting. Is there slowdown later in the game? How far do I have to play to find it?

Here is a pnd for 0.71 that is in the same format as the usual (i.e. I pinched the scripts/icon etc)

http://www.scrameta....mrb_071beta.pnd

Please give it a try. Will try to contact JurnD to update the repo.

Features beyond plain compile:

i) Brightness boosted (I found brightness controls not working - its currently just locked...)

ii) Touchscreen position when scrolling off edge.

i.e. not alot...

I've not played very far, but everything I've tried so far is working! Appreciate some testing.

edit: This is why I don't make videos - I end up coding instead!!

edit2: Looks like a while since JunoD is active so I'm uploading it to the repo.

Does the widescreen mod work for all the GemRB games?

I've only got BG1 installed at the moment, and the widescreen mod didn't seem to work for me. Maybe because it's the GOG version.

Back