General noob problems

ExMortis

Still Fresh
Just received my GP32flu and one eagletec 128m SMC today.
Running Win98.
After a little confusion on how to install the USB drivers, I was able to get it, GP32 now shows up in device manager, etc. However I'm totally stumped as to what happens next. The program "pclink_1.2_en_install.exe" from english.gamepark.com locks up at 99% of the installshield extraction process.
Darkfader's registration program gave me an error when I tried to read while my GP32 was in "Waiting" mode.

Additionally my GP32 only seems to be able to properly link with PC once per boot, after that it gives me "USB Error: Check PC-link application."

Edit: I've got it, had to use an alternative pc-linker in the end.

Anyway, update. I got the thing officially regged with gamepark and I downloaded the Free Launcher.
My main problem now is that I absolutely cannot install the PC Link application because the install locks up. Is there any way around this, or do I have to use another computer entirely.

There would be ways around it, yes...I don't see why someone couldn't just zip up the file, really. I'm off to bed so I ain't gonna do it though. Another way would be to just use a SMC reader, but after buying a GP32 and card most people wouldn't be able to afford it...

Back