General SD card troubles.

fritata

I am at a loss. I have been having terrible SD card troubles lately.

I received updates for Windows 7 that rendered my computer unable to read SD cards.

For all capacities. I tried reinstalling the driver, undoing the updates, etc.

But to no avail.

My terrible Ubuntu laptop is the only device I have that can read them all.

I recently bought a PNY 32 and 64 GB SD card, but the Open Pandora has really strange behavior.

Folders will dissappear, and programs (pnds) will randomly close with some error message mentioning a FAT FS problem.

Weirder still, is that I formatted them to EXT3 after my Windows Fiasco, so really? A FAT-FS error?

What do you Pandora enthusiasts/experts use to format your SD cards? (I used gparted.)

What fs should I used for 32 and 64 gb?

Hmm, that sound a little odd (not your Windows travails, that's a standard MS fuckup). As a first port of call I'd suggest unmounting and fscking everything in sight.

The exact error message you get would help.

I don't generally use gparted to format partitions, though I have done in the past. These days I mostly use mkfs.ext*, though I can't think what made me change, other than generally finding command line apps easier to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello gparted on the Pandora works very well. Well I have my SD cards formatted to fat32, but I would personally recommend NTFS if you are a windows user. But if there is nothing on the cards, you can always test around different formats. What is interesting is that I am having the same trouble as you with my 128 GB. I eventually just gave up with it sadly. I got a bunch of different suggestions. If you would like the link to the topic I set up I can grab it for you.

Back