Genesis Emulator

Luis Moura

Still Fresh
anyone can tell me what are the genesis (megadrive) emulator that really wparks with sound??

Why not just put both of the Genesis emulators on your smc? Its the best option..

Neomorpheus posted on Oct 14 2004 at 10:03 AM said:
Sonic 1 isn't really playable when you get to the labyrinth levels tho, the gfx seem messed up to me :(.

I've played sonic 1 all levels on FGEN, no graphical errors or anything for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neomorpheus posted on Oct 14 2004 at 10:03 AM said:
Sonic 1 isn't really playable when you get to the labyrinth levels tho, the gfx seem messed up to me :(.
I also noticed too. Strange that it didn't happen for extremegamer.
They're only minor though.
btw Luis Moura also get gigadrive because some work on this but not fgen. But sadly it has no save states. I'd get both if I was you. Just play around, you'll probably decide that fgen is your favourite though.

Maybe Reesy's DrMD will be the best of both emus, it has alot of ASM code in it, it is not out yet so, here's hoping :)

DaveC posted on Oct 14 2004 at 07:56 PM said:
Maybe Reesy's DrMD will be the best of both emus, it has alot of ASM code in it, it is not out yet so, here's hoping :)

Now it is ;)

Last edited:
The graphical errors were so bad on fGen for me that I had to suspend playing until a new beta emerges.

Likewise, Labrynth was so messed up, it kind of look correct, almost, but the land wasn't where it was meant to be, you would fall through it etc

vgslag posted on Oct 15 2004 at 05:28 AM said:
Likewise, Labrynth was so messed up, it kind of look correct, almost, but the land wasn't where it was meant to be, you would fall through it etc
yup, it made robotnic near damned impossible :p

Back