George Lucas's new trilogy ideas axed by Disney

I guess you never watched Mr Plinkett's excellent reviews of the prequels, or your simply left your brain at door of the theater before watching the prequels. These are among the worst movies ever made (especially following an excellent first trilogy).
You usualy left your brain at the door when watching such movies. :D And I don't care about reviews or the "general" opinions about an Movie or an character in a movie (hey, I even liked Wesley Crusher in TNG, he was able to "play" in a spaceship, I was his age, Iwanted that too! ). And I can ignore bullshit like "Midiclorians" pretty fine if I don't like these elements in a movie. ;)

I agree that Episode One is by far the weakest movie of all SW Movies (yet) and I agree that it does not get better when watching more often. But I had fun with it back then when I was much younger than now. The Movie was a success if you look at the Boxoffice charts, that is the only thing that matters at the end for the Movie Bosses.

Yeah, Lost was great during the first season ONLY, basically. The whole thing after the hatch sucked bad, and while there were a few memorable episodes afterwards, it was really going down the train until the lackluster, nonsensical finale that did a good job of NOT answering ANY question at all. What a f**************ing waste of time Watching Lost was.
The entire later seasons looked like the Authors had no idea what they should do with the setting. It was getting more and more weird and twisted. At least I stoped sonn enough with that show. I still have some anger about the "X-Files" finale which was the most disappointing thing I ever had to watch of any TV shows. Like LOST, they did not answered anything that they built up in the entire series. Just the same plain conspiracys without any solution or revealing. :(

You mean these horrible movies that are basically soulless CGI monsters, with nothing to really care about the whole time ? No thank you, the only good Marvel movies are the Iron Man ones (and I'm not sure Iron Man 2 should be counted in that regard).But not because they are Iron Man movies, but because they are basically "Robert Downey Junior" Shows - and as soon as the three movies stray too far away from that concept, you immediatly realize how uninteresting and boring the rest of the movie/universe is.
I mainly have Robert Downey Junior in mind when I think about Marvel Movies. :D

giphy.gif

Iron Man was great and Avengers too. Captain America 1 may not be that great but part 2 was much better. I agree that Iron Man 2 was not that good. Thor movies are good and I really love Guardians of the Galaxy.

But compared to some DC Comic Movies like "Man of Steel" and especialy "Green lantern", Marvel Movies are overall better, if you ignore Batman for a second. ;)

>>>>What I came to realise is that Lucas made this Films for a totally different audience: Kids.

Lol

Because its totally ok to show decapitation and child murder to kids

What drug are you on?
These are american Movies, of course it is OK there to show massive violence to kids. ;) In an Europe Movie, they would have replaced it with Sex and still could show it to kids here while these versions would be mature rated in the US of course. XD

I already laughing about an american movie version of "Fifty Shades Of Grey". I'm sure you will not see any nudity in it. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
When Vader bellowed his long Nooooooooooooo! at the end of Sith, I started laughing in the theater. It was fully packed with people, but I couldn't help myself. My friend next to me started chuckling too, then from near silence most everyone else did as well. We wanted to believe in these movies so badly.

I thought Man of Steel was pretty good though. If the next movies by Snyder get close to the Justice League/Unlimited cartoons, well, here's hoping. Those were how to do these type of films right.  :)   

I thought Man of Steel was pretty good though. If the next movies by Snyder get close to the Justice League/Unlimited cartoons, well, here's hoping. Those were how to do these type of films right.  :)   
He did really well with Watchmen, Man of Steel was decent popcorn cinema with lots of flaws but still not at all on the same level as Green Lantern where I really wished the "egghead" would have won instead of this stupid "quarterback" (trying to get my head around American terms of thinking here).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XQCc8JchYk4?feature=oembed

The breaking point for me in the prequels was in the second movie when Anakin and Padme are eating dinner and he force-floats a pear over to her to take a bite of. The way she moves it's obvious she is biting nothing, and the way a perfect bite just appears in that pear was so jarring that I couldn't even pretend to be immersed in the rest of the movie.

The breaking point for me in the prequels was in the second movie when Anakin and Padme are eating dinner and he force-floats a pear over to her to take a bite of. The way she moves it's obvious she is biting nothing, and the way a perfect bite just appears in that pear was so jarring that I couldn't even pretend to be immersed in the rest of the movie.
What about when he tells her later that he's haunted by the kiss she should never have given him? How could anyone not be swooned by his words. 

Actually thought the dialog between Padime and Anikin sounded just like something Ms. Piggy and Kermit the Frog would say on the Muppets... except a little less convincing...

>>>>What I came to realise is that Lucas made this Films for a totally different audience: Kids.

Lol

Because its totally ok to show decapitation and child murder to kids

What drug are you on?
I can't tell exactly, I guess the usual mix of Adrenaline, endorphine, dopamin, seratonin - why are you asking ?But back to the topic: Just because one targets a specific group does not necesarily means he is able to understand that group. Like most children cartoons/books/comcis totally undererstimating the cognitive possibilities/abilities children already posses, so instead of giving them stories their minds could grow on they usually get the same old piss poor storytelling and character development or worse (like SW The Clone Wars or Rebels) they just come up with nonsense, but shove these things full of "franchise" stuff, so kids don't get bored after a few seconds

I still have some anger about the "X-Files" finale which was the most disappointing thing I ever had to watch of any TV shows. Like LOST, they did not answered anything that they built up in the entire series. Just the same plain conspiracys without any solution or revealing. :(
Someone really watched that thing till the bitter end ? About halfway through the second season I was beginning to ask myself how the U.S goverment was able to pull off a (more or less) working goverment, with amlost every employee and taxdollar beeing spend on some random conspiracy. I don't think I cared to watch the last episode of that season, but don't get the wrong picture, I watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer just because I had a crush on that brown haired girl, so I wasn't exactly pretentious at that point in time.
I mainly have Robert Downey Junior in mind when I think about Marvel Movies. :D
exactly my point
Iron Man was great and Avengers too. Captain America 1 may not be that great but part 2 was much better. I agree that Iron Man 2 was not that good. Thor movies are good and I really love Guardians of the Galaxy.
I can understand Avengers and GotG to some degree, but Thor, really ?

but Thor, really ?
Agree with you on that. Thor, big MEH.
Let's give a hairy and manly northern god a close cut beard and a full body waxing, make him dumb and way less interesting than his envious brother/antagonist, put Natalie Portman, a lot of teenie jokes involving IPads, interns, etc... in it and make the rest all whoosh, zpaow, blam, etc... = money.

Lucas himself has even admitted that he cannot write dialogue...yet he still went and wrote the 3 prequels?

Lawerence Kasdan was the real driving force behind empire strikes back and Jedi. Sadly Lucas ruined the Jedi script and let Han solo live. He was supposed to die. The ending was to be bittersweet. He also wrote raisers of the lost ark. Himself and lucas had a falling out years back.

Disney, wisely have Kasdan back onboard for the new movies, in particular the spin-off flicks. It's Kasdans involment that gives me hope for the new films.

The story telling was stilted, with rubbish, perfunctory dialogue in the prequels. The worst by far was when Anakin compared the texture of Amidalas skin to the desert sands. WTF, does Lucas even know what to say to a real woman?

There is a long and very good interview with Kasdan discussing these matters over at ign.com. It's been some years since I read it, but its sobering stuff.

Someone really watched that thing till the bitter end ? About halfway through the second season I was beginning to ask myself how the U.S goverment was able to pull off a (more or less) working goverment, with amlost every employee and taxdollar beeing spend on some random conspiracy. I don't think I cared to watch the last episode of that season, but don't get the wrong picture, I watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer just because I had a crush on that brown haired girl, so I wasn't exactly pretentious at that point in time.
I was young and there was not much worth to wach at that time in (german) TV. X-Files was an incredible success here, basicly because there was not real competition and the setting was pretty new. Yes, I watched every Episode, with more and more concerns of course. The problem was, that there was no real progress or "winning" or anything. The bad conspiracy guys always won somehow (seriously!) in every episode of the main plot. Mulder+Scully were always behind somehow, they never could turn anything, they may just stoped some stuff for a while but of course this was already calculated in by the evil forces that were then again 3 steps ahead. And this was over the ENTIRE series. I had high hopes for the last episode but well, I will never watch X-Files again, not the Movies and not the maybe upcoming remake. If you think Lost was not satisfying, try X-Files.
I can understand Avengers and GotG to some degree, but Thor, really ?
Oldie but Goldie, the Thor myth is centurys old actualy, the Vikings already enjoyed it. Marvel just borrowed the Idea and pimped it up for their needs. :D And Tom Hiddleston just rules as Loki. ^^

Its at least thousands of years old, and was by the time the vikings came about.

I watched all of mortal combat. Which I can recommend highly not a single minute thereof.

Speculations about next star trek film btw http://deadline.com/2015/01/star-trek-3-simon-pegg-1201355170/
I used to work with a woman, that was in her 60's BTW, who when we were really bored we'd turn the radio on for some background noise. Sometimes they'd play the mortal kombat song and you should of seen her giggle at the silliness of it. She thought it the most ridiculous thing a human being could ever write. It was one long song where they'd repeat "mortal kombat" over and over every other verse. Good song to dance to in a club.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLyaqxpZ5-I 

Edited(I was sleepy when I wrote it, sorry)  <_<

Plinkett says it all...
That makes me actually want to properly see the movie now - it makes it sound like it's almost so bad it could be good. I mean, I know it's not - I sat through the entirety of Episode 1 twice, and the failings he describes are pretty much the same sort of things that are wrong with that movie. When Ep 3's been on broadcast telly I've occasionally sat down in front of it at various points, but when the CGI didn't end for two minutes I got bored and went and did something else instead.

To be fair, that's also how I'd seen the original trilogy before their re-release in the late 90s - just a few scenes before going off and doing something else. It turned out I had seen pretty much all of the films by the time I saw them in the cinema, just not necessarily in the right order.

When Ep 3's been on broadcast telly I've occasionally sat down in front of it at various points, but when the CGI didn't end for two minutes I got bored and went and did something else instead.
Haha, same here. I dozed off in the theater when watching the second one and watched the third one via OnlineTVRecorder and did other stuff when it got boring.

Back