Germanwings flight 9525

WHY ?? Why do we need a thread for this here ?

Edit: and why do we need exactly know which nationality these people had ? Does that change anything ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime you flight, everytime you take the bus, everytime you take the train, you hope the person with the steering wheel has a sane mind...

Come one thatguy, you can't have enough offtopics in the offtopic section... please give us moar!

Everytime you flight, everytime you take the bus, everytime you take the train, you hope the person with the steering wheel has a sane mind...
Or when anywhere, public or private, you hope that no one else is doing anything too stupid; or when eating or drinking anything you hope that anyone involved in preparing it for consumption was doing their job, and that nothing unexpected was introduced and went unnoticed; or when breathing you hope that no lethal substances are in the air; or while just living you hope that all systems within your body, and all of the cells and DNA, aren't going a little screwy; or that those extremely unlikely things, such as meteorites or lightning striking you, or getting caught in a volcanic erruption, don't happen.  You might as well just live and not worry too much about everything that can kill you.

You will die.
Most people probably don't concern themselves too much with all the lives that were taken so that they could continue to exist.

I don't, what I hope is that the bus is actually going to turn up on time for once, and that the fare hasn't massively increased.

Most people probably don't concern themselves too much with all the lives that were taken so that they could continue to exist.
Hmm... I question this logic.
I don't.  Many people, if not most in first world countries, quickly become uncomfortable (or treat you like a freak) if you acknowledge that dead things are being eaten every time you have a meal that isn't still squirming around while being consumed.  Healthy trees are another major victim of the homicidal, self-centered nature of humanity, with large quantities being turned into paper, furniture, structures, fire, etc. When you are using electricity do you ever think about how much destruction of life was needed to allow you that electricity, or the building that you are in, or the roads that lead to it?  There are the powerlines and power plants, and potentially whatever fuel source was used for power generation, and if using solar/wind/whatever the things used to turn that into usable electricity didn't just appear, and there was likely a lot of collateral damage done to get at the materials needed for their construction.  Same for your electronics, probably your clothing, etc.  There were countless generations of entities that were killed, both to sustain the lives that led to you, and also for no reason at all. 

It ripples out, as well.  You are indirectly supporting every loss of life on the planet, either through what you do/use/consume, or through inaction.  You want to have a memorial for those in a plane when it crashed.  I want to have a memorial for everything but the humans.  For whatever reason, your average human tries to dominate the rest of the life on the planet, even if they claim to be opposed to such practices.  You don't have to be directly involved to be responsible.  I haven't even scratched the surface.  Most are just content to be on the receiving end of the human run death factory, and they will attempt to transfer the blame elsewhere when they acknowledge it, or, as is usually the case, ignore it completely.  "It's just how things are" or "there is no other option".  It is possible to not be a part of it, however it is difficult (even transporting your animal and plant friendly things to you usually involves the death of many things along the way).  I don't care that it won't change, but it would be nice if people thought about how much of a negative impact everything in their lives has on everyone else we share the planet with.

I don't, what I hope is that the bus is actually going to turn up on time for once, and that the fare hasn't massively increased.
Maybe the driver was hoping you would leave before they got there if they were late enough.  On that note, I am more concerned about other passengers than I am about the operators of planes, trains and buses.  The average driver of a car any time you are near a road, though?  Yeah, you might hope they aren't an "average driver", or at least not the sort around here.

Come on, really?

Can't we integrate this in some Strigoi thread?

Hmm... I question this logic.
I don't.  Many people, if not most in first world countries, quickly become uncomfortable (or treat you like a freak) if you acknowledge that dead things are being eaten every time you have a meal that isn't still squirming around while being consumed.  Healthy trees are another major victim of the homicidal, self-centered nature of humanity, with large quantities being turned into paper, furniture, structures, fire, etc. When you are using electricity do you ever think about how much destruction of life was needed to allow you that electricity, or the building that you are in, or the roads that lead to it?  There are the powerlines and power plants, and potentially whatever fuel source was used for power generation, and if using solar/wind/whatever the things used to turn that into usable electricity didn't just appear, and there was likely a lot of collateral damage done to get at the materials needed for their construction.  Same for your electronics, probably your clothing, etc.  There were countless generations of entities that were killed, both to sustain the lives that led to you, and also for no reason at all. 

It ripples out, as well.  You are indirectly supporting every loss of life on the planet, either through what you do/use/consume, or through inaction.  You want to have a memorial for those in a plane when it crashed.  I want to have a memorial for everything but the humans.  For whatever reason, your average human tries to dominate the rest of the life on the planet, even if they claim to be opposed to such practices.  You don't have to be directly involved to be responsible.  I haven't even scratched the surface.  Most are just content to be on the receiving end of the human run death factory, and they will attempt to transfer the blame elsewhere when they acknowledge it, or, as is usually the case, ignore it completely.  "It's just how things are" or "there is no other option".  It is possible to not be a part of it, however it is difficult (even transporting your animal and plant friendly things to you usually involves the death of many things along the way).  I don't care that it won't change, but it would be nice if people thought about how much of a negative impact everything in their lives has on everyone else we share the planet with.

Maybe the driver was hoping you would leave before they got there if they were late enough.  On that note, I am more concerned about other passengers than I am about the operators of planes, trains and buses.  The average driver of a car any time you are near a road, though?  Yeah, you might hope they aren't an "average driver", or at least not the sort around here.
Just think of all the life you just killed to post this wall of text! Oh the humanity....

Oh no I just quoted it.....more life down the drain....

nope, not enough miku...
This enough for you? :p

CENSORED

618_Dgx_J2ze_L_SL1000.jpg

@rygD's post #8:  So you're saying 150 human lives are just 150 plant lives? Weird thinking/logic.
No.  I am saying I value 150 plant lives more than 150 modern human lives that are used as justification for causing massive amounts of undue harm to the lives of other things that live on this planet.  It is actually more weird to think that it is acceptable to destroy everything in your environment for short term gain than it is to think that some of those things that you destroy, and would have possibly outlived you, might be more beneficial in the long term than what came from their destruction.

Pickle, I do think about such things.  (Edit:  In these particular instances there is likely not any increase or reduction of loss of life based on 2 posts, excluding, ya know, the butterfly effect.  Now manufacturing and buying Pandoras and Pyras, or any other device or media used to make those posts... :lol:  )  I am frequently directly responsible for many deaths.  I also don't feel guilty about it because I try to limit my actions so that my long term personal impact will be the least harmful I can make it, and to reverse damage caused by myself and others.

It's looking like the co-pilot did this on purpose. Ffffffuuuuuuu....
Interesting.  Do you mind pointing me at what might lead someone to that conclusion?

It's looking like the co-pilot did this on purpose. Ffffffuuuuuuu....
Interesting.  Do you mind pointing me at what might lead someone to that conclusion?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin, citing information from the "black box" voice recorder, said the co-pilot was alone in the cockpit.

He intentionally started a descent while the pilot was locked out.

Mr Robin said there was "absolute silence in the cockpit" as the pilot fought to re-enter it.

So, does anyone know why the co-pilot killed all of them and if there was a special guest on board somebody wanted to eliminate?

sounds like he was just suicidal and wanted to take as many with him as possible, maybe more info will come out if they investigate further, but its no help to the families i'd imagine

I don't buy that the co-pilot deliberately tried to crash the plane. If he wanted to destroy it, why would it take him 8 minutes? It wasn't even a particularly high rate of descent.

I also don't believe that this information would have been released by the investigators so early...

CA3RzyJU0AELFtF.jpg

Back