Get 9,5 Hours Of Gp2x Action @ 200mhz On Aa Batteries!

KZouLoN

Still Fresh
I ran the battest program for 9,5 hours on my gp2x. @ 240MHz, it ran for more than 8 hours.
I added 2 pairs of AAs in parallel with the other pair. So with 6 2500mAh rechargeable AAs, I almost reached 10 hours :)
I had to do this, since I don't have a 3,3 V adaptor.

Is it dangerous to plug a 3V adaptor into the battery spot? Does a 3V adaptor works into the 3,3V mini plug?
Please share your batttery / adaptor stories.

I'm always running my 2X off of 3V at 800mla (That's milliamps, 1000milliamps=1 amp). The GP2X is supposed to be running at 3.3V at 1A, and I've got it going fine at 3V at 800mlA.

KZouLoN said:
Does a 3V adaptor works into the 3,3V mini plug?

Yes. But you need stable current (that any decent universal adaptor give), 1A, and be careful with polarity (minus in the center).

Last edited by a moderator:
Noremakk said:
I'm always running my 2X off of 3V at 800mla (That's milliamps, 1000milliamps=1 amp). The GP2X is supposed to be running at 3.3V at 1A, and I've got it going fine at 3V at 800mlA.
Where did you get mlA from? Milliamps is always 'ma'. mlA is just confusing as no one knows what it means.

3v @ 1A(Regulated) works fine. I have a switchmode so I will have to not let anyone near it so they don't change it until I get single mode.This weekend most likely

Squidge said:
Noremakk said:
Where did you get mlA from? Milliamps is always 'ma'. mlA is just confusing as no one knows what it means.

I couldn't find my power convertor brick to read the proper spelling off it. :p Sorry for any confusion.

Nice. It would be easy enough to hack half of the back of the GP2x casing (keeping the securing screws as they are so you can secure the case down - just enough space for this) to put in a 6 cell battery compartment; that would keep the height down to a sensible level.

Back