Getting Close Now, When To Order The Sd Cards?

The first Patriot card I bought was about a year ago on newegg, and the price was about the same as it is now. I bought the second one a few months later, and the price was higher. They have been right around the same area for awhile now(a little more or a little less depending on when I checked). I would say it is safe to buy one, unless your waiting on some super deal to happen.

Chris

WizardStan said:
It has an absolute max possible theoretical speed of 24MB/s, and it's been tested with cards up to 16MB/s. I wouldn't expect it to go much faster than that 16. A 30MB/s is definitely overkill.

Ok cool, thanks for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:
aaronson911 said:
There are a lot of people who bought card thinking the Pandora’s shipping was imminent when it was not. If you’re not in the first 1000 then you might want to wait till the first 1000 ship. Also as Elanzer said if you have to pay with a crap card for a couple of days it is no big deal. On the other hand card prices have not gone down in price over the last year or so if you bought early you did not really lose out so I guess it really does not matter.
Good point, is there really any way to know if your order is in the first 1000???

Middo said:
aaronson911 said:
There are a lot of people who bought card thinking the Pandora’s shipping was imminent when it was not. If you’re not in the first 1000 then you might want to wait till the first 1000 ship. Also as Elanzer said if you have to pay with a crap card for a couple of days it is no big deal. On the other hand card prices have not gone down in price over the last year or so if you bought early you did not really lose out so I guess it really does not matter.
Good point, is there really any way to know if your order is in the first 1000???
If you ordered on September 30, 2008, you are probably in the first 1000. If you ordered after that, you are probably in the next 3000.

Not particularly accurate, but probably true.

List of cheap cards for Canadians: http://www.shopbot.c...rder=lh&p1=&p2=

Bring adblock. ;)

I'm a fan of A-Data 16GB cards. They seem to be quite reliable and fast. Looking at the newegg reviews, a few people got duds, but most 1-ratings are people doing stupid stuff with them like using them as swap.

If you add a few different SD cards to a shopping cart on Amazon (no need to log in or register) you can check how the prices change during the day, quite surprised me.

Just picked up this 32GB Class 4 card from Amazon for £44, plus £1.99 shipping. Was a bit skeptical of the 'Memory2Go' brand, but mymemory.co.uk sells them too so I figured they can't be too bad.

Iv previously ordered memory cards [and more] from:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777

and

http://www.memorybits.co.uk

both deliver in good speed and [I think] well priced, I think one of them even saves you vat as they based in isle of White or something

but iv only ever needed cards for my DS or cameras and really just looked for best price, not really concidered transfer rates

for pandora though I think I should, so if anyone does browse either of those sites and sees a card that looks a good spec and fair price, do let me know please, I don't want to get a cheapo one and affect my pandoras performance

Back