Getting Tutorial To Work

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
I tried the tutorial that evildragon put on fenixonfire and when i compiled his basic "hello world" it ran on my pc fine. however when i tried to use it on my gp2x it didnt work. the tutorial mentioned the gp32 but said it would be useful for gp2x as well i just didnt mention how to run the games on gp2x.

however i looked at how others ran fenix programs and so modified a .gpe script to point to my hello.dcb but when i ran it the screen was blank.

what could be going wrong here? i was excited to be able to easily be able to run anything of my own creation (once i learn programming better) on the gp2x but not even being able to get a hello world on my gp2x is a little discouraging. can anyone offer some help?

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
well thats the first and easiest question to get out of the way. yes, i do have the fenix runtime installed. i put the runtime with the tests on my sd card and modified one of the test scripts to point to my hello world program.

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
I feel stupid my problem wasn't with fenix but with the edited script i made. the funny thing is it didnt work using what i thought would be a better text editor a program called 1st page 2000 that i used to use for editing html but that script wouldnt work. i just copied and pasted a script using notepad and then pointed to my file and it worked which is funny because standard notepad is what everyone says not to use.

i think im going to just download programmers notepad to avoid anything like this in the future. that seems to be the standard recommendation for editing scripts.