Release Ghouls and Ghosts remix

There also was a build by sebt3 long ago that was used in every allegro pnd before I know of.

I wonder if your build is faster.

Have a look into my pnd of vgolf for example. There should be headers and libs in it.

Have a look into my pnd of vgolf for example. There should be headers and libs in it.
Ok, I'll do some bench tomorrow. With the FBlend package, there are a few simple bench to campare FBlend function & Allegro function. I'll use thoses to compare both Allegro (and FBlend).

FBlend are a few Blending function more optimized (even when just using the C version). Capitan Sevilla supported FBlend, and I activate it to gain a few fps. They are not API compatible with Allegro and require special coding...

Actually this game already supports that pitseb until you turn the pandora off you need to get past a level then you can start from level 2,3,4,5 dependant on how far youve gone just enter game options and you can select it but if you switch the pandora off it resets great game just needs some proper end of level bosses and music change for boss battle and it is a great game

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this game already supports that pitseb until you turn the pandora off you need to get past a level then you can start from level 2,3,4,5 dependant on how far youve gone just enter game options and you can select it but if you switch the pandora off it resets great game just needs some proper end of level bosses and music change for boss battle and it is a great game
Ok, good to know. I "just" have to find the proper variable for that, and add it in the save/restore (and make sure save/restore works properly also) then :)

Sorry to be "that guy", but are you sure you're okay to distribute this?

From the licencing doc:

Code:
IMPORTANT LICENSE NOTICE:
-> The code of this game its developed under GNU/GPL.
-> All the graphics and sound are copyright by capcom, you can play this game only if you have
   the following original roms: "ghosts'n goblins" (arcade), "ghouls'n ghosts" (arcade),
                                "super ghouls'n ghosts" (SNES & Nintendo GBA) and "demon's crest" (SNES).

Sorry to be "that guy", but are you sure you're okay to distribute this?

From the licencing doc:

IMPORTANT LICENSE NOTICE:
-> The code of this game its developed under GNU/GPL.
-> All the graphics and sound are copyright by capcom, you can play this game only if you have
   the following original roms: "ghosts'n goblins" (arcade), "ghouls'n ghosts" (arcade),
                                "super ghouls'n ghosts" (SNES & Nintendo GBA) and "demon's crest" (SNES).
I can add this notice to the PXML text, it should be enough?

You can put another license tag in there as well and link to this statement on the website.

You can put another license tag in there as well and link to this statement on the website.
You mean, putting something like that in the PXML

Code:
<licenses>
     <license name="GPLv2+" url="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html" sourcecodeurl="http://www.valarsoft.com/index.php?stage=7&action=2&downloadID=84"/>
     <license name="other"/>
    </licenses>

New release on the repo.

This one will remember your last level. Go to Game option to start from another level (up to the higher level already played).

Build 03

-----------

• Added Warning in PXML about the ripped graphics
  • Corrected Keymapper and various options screen
  • Last level remembered now.

Thanks ptitSeb, I'm looking forward to being able to change my config, as controls are key in the fierce game :lol:

Chris

I have (finally) update GnG Remix with C4A Support. I have added a menu item to start a C4A game. Note that most option settings are then overided (diffculty, start level, lives...) to make things fair (I hope I have not forgotten something).

preview2.png

Build 04

-----------

• Fresh compile
  • Added C4A Support (with forced options)

Last edited by a moderator:
New build.

I tried to optimise a bit, so it should be smoother now.

Also, I fixed the missing magic for some weapons (with the golden armor), by using existing magic.

So Arrow and Sword share the same effect, so are Lance and Knife, and also Axe and Flame...

Build 05

-----------

• Added some more optim
  • Gameplay more smooth
  • Added missing magic for some weapons (using existing one)

Back