Beta Giana's Return v1.10 GP2x

basically my gp2x has died so the only thing i could do was see it worked in ginge, which it does. So if anyone confirms it works on real hardware we can release it.

Just a quick test. it works but the music is stuttering a lot on the main menu...and in some occasion during gameplay.
Nice to see something updated also for my first open console (GP2X F200 here with firmware open2X).
If you need some more test let me know..it's always a pleasure to help

On my F200 there seems to be a few graphical glitches (retroguru logo has the text from the screen before flickering in the background, armin gessert background missing so there is a twitching wall of text (where you have to press up) displayed in the background) and as Farox said, there is musical stuttering and slowdowns in both the menu and ingame. Nowhere near as smooth of gameplay as it used to be... If you're using GINGE for testing, run it at around 200Mhz to see what it'll run like on gp2x... still seems faster in ginge @ that clockspeed though :p

ok the stuttering music reminded me the gp2x always had issues with the default MOD format, so i checked the backup OGG mode and it was not enabled.
So if you guys can try this version and see if the speed and music improves.

pickle.gp2x.de/gp2x/giana-gp2x.zip

Tested your updated revision and it didn't run...sorry:(
It start...show Loading and some dots.... but next return to system.

OK i updated the same link. Ive corrected the music, but i still get some graphical glitches using ginge. Im curious if this happen on the real hardware, thank you if someone can try again,

Heya,

I tested both versions on my gp2x f100 with open2x.

• I have also the flickering in the intro
  • Speaking of it, after the third start it gets quite anoying. Especially as you don't save my selected language.
  • The sound works well with your version, Pickle. The mod version from Kojote had already mentioned stuttering
  • It doesn't seem to set the volume after each new scene for kojote's version. This is fixed in your version, too. ;)
  • The icon is too big for gmenu2x.
However your recent version runs well, pickle. :)
I know this game a copy as close as possible to the original game (which was a copy of another game itself, which is funny), however entering level codes (which are hard to read from time to time) is quite anoying and not necesarry these days. ;)

Greetings, Ziz

Hi ZIz, all the versions were built by me, the first kojote put up for testing.

So really im just concerned with issues with the last one i put up.
Can you give specific issues you just have on my latest build? Im not clear if the flickering is in both or my first build.

Sorry i cant do much about the codes ;-)

Hi ZIz, all the versions were built by me, the first kojote put up for testing.
I know. But I needed to distinguish the two builds. ;)

So really im just concerned with issues with the last one i put up.
Can you give specific issues you just have on my latest build? Im not clear if the flickering is in both or my first build.
It is in both versions.

Sorry i cant do much about the codes ;-)
But Kojote can. He started this thread at all. :) And I think some game related feedback is also welcome?

And you could resize the icon. ;)

Ziz: To just resize the icon would make it the wrong size for other menu's, easier would be creating a secondary icon and a sections folder to include with the game that could be dropped into gmenu2x's sections... AlienBlaster on GP2X did something like this, so pickles should know what I'm talking about ;)

Ziz: To just resize the icon would make it the wrong size for other menu's, easier would be creating a secondary icon and a sections folder to include with the game that could be dropped into gmenu2x's sections... AlienBlaster on GP2X did something like this, so pickles should know what I'm talking about ;)
I totally forgot about the original icon size. I probaly could not image someone not using gmenu2x. :D

Back