[gigas] Ps2 Port

finty101 posted on Oct 8 2004 at 01:47 PM said:
You could build an image and put it on the HD, then boot off that. No need to burn CD's.

Not a great way to do development though; I like to do incremental developing.. fix or change, re-run, fix or change, re-run. ie: For GP32, I run GeePee32 a lot wqhile developing to make sure things are going right. If you have to futz around with getting somethign to the drive and all that.. make an image, send to hdd across lan, reboot the machine a few times.. it soudns like 5 minutes to set up and run something. If it just crashes right awya, you need ot twiddle some bits, 5 mins to get it going, still crashes, try again.. sounds very unproductive and annoying :)

I guess this is why PS2 homebrew didn't take off too well.. too hard just to run stuff due to the damn protection schemes :/

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeezix, you could use naplink or something to that effect and just launch the executable every time you recompile it through usb I think...

finty101 posted on Oct 8 2004 at 10:43 PM said:
Seems like the news has been picked up here.

heh, cool. - but i dont want to get anybodys hopes up, i wont do a proper port until the GP32 version is completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back