Girl Throws Puppies In River. About To Get Effed By 4Chan

wow, too many posts to read!

I actually laughed a little because it reminded me of one of the boss levels in Earthworm Jim 2 where you have to save puppies from falling. well, not really a laugh.

I suppose this is better than having them being brutally killed or anything like that, or dying of starvation... someguy99's avatar is reminding me of a movie I saw...

SomeGuy99 said:
Orion4874 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Orion4874 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Orion4874 said:
Animals are innocent people are not!

Really? Don't animals like... kill people? I mean we have the balance of power now, true.
When a human is killed by an animal it is almost always because of there own ignorance and stupidity. Animals don't purposely seek to kill people for sport or out of just plain cruelty. If your hiking in an area with grizzlies for example, and you get mauled to death, who's fault is it?

But it's in our nature to kill animals too, because we're an animal.

Infact, we're the deadliest animal in the world now.
Exactly, the only difference is people have free will and don't act on instinct alone. We can choose to kill for no other reason than we just feel like killing. Animals have reasons to do it such as hunger, territory, sex etc. With the exception of babies and young children free will negates innocence.

Edit
Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a philosophical thread.

Yeah, but we are going against our nature with this civilisation stuff.

Apparently dolpins have a very high awareness like us but still kill other animals for fun.

I'm not defending any of this, I'm just pointing out that animals are dickheads (including us).
That may be true, the same could be said for some of the great apes. But as far as I know they don't kill humans for fun, while we can't say the same thing. The higher the level of self awareness the higher the capability for evil I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
wow, too many posts to read!

I actually laughed a little because it reminded me of one of the boss levels in Earthworm Jim 2 where you have to save puppies from falling. well, not really a laugh.

I suppose this is better than having them being brutally killed or anything like that, or dying of starvation... someguy99's avatar is reminding me of a movie I saw...
Throwing another living thing into a lake to drown slowly isn't brutal? Clubbing them over the head would have been more humane, at least a lot quicker IMO.

xnopasaranx said:
Oh wait... here is another idea. Instead of going nerd justice league on some chick with a facebook profile because of a couple of puppies, how about doing something for the millions of starving, about to be murdered/shot/tortured/raped people in 3rd world countries that our fine heads of government are so nicely providing with more ammo/landmines/wars. Some people drown their unwanted pets, others kill entire unwanted populations. Seriously, fucking hypocrites.
That's one of the things I hate about PETA. They seem to care more about animals than humans who are starving, riddled with disease, or at constant risk of dying.
klikklak said:
Crunchwrap, I meant on 4chan, not in this thread. Did they explain it there? If they did, I'll take my nasty words back for now.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

I agree with xnopasaranx. People are eating their meat with a smile on their face. Meat that is often obtained by torturing animals or at least conveying them in too small spaces throughout their entire lives. The same people that are horrified by this girl.

It is hypocrisy indeed.

I'll have you know that the pig I just ate was very happy as it had a bolt fired into its head and then had its throat slit. SO THAR!

And just wanted to comment that there are quite often animations posted on 4chan of puppies being stood on by women in high heals, along with other abuses to animals. They are full of lolz then!!

As Javacat says, there's a big difference between the quick death that livestock suffer and drowning an animal. Drowning is one of the most painful deaths imaginable, especially as the water enters the lungs. It's akin to being burned alive.

So really no, throwing puppies into a lake is not like going down to Macdonalds for a quarter pounder with cheese.

Years of diseases and stress is more "humane", no I don't think so. Boiling alive lobsters in water, calves that have anaemia to obtain nicer meat and Foie gras are the extreme examples of how much respect people have for animal life.

I eat meat, but I acknowledge the fact that animals have to suffer for my pleasure. I am not a bit better than that girl, and so are you.

[edit] typo

I don't understand why people in this thread are automatically insisting that all animals should be valued the same. What's wrong with valuing (and therefore not wanting to kill) a dog or a cat more than a cow, pig, or chicken? Given that people are pretty universally valued more...

I've combined all the arguments against killing animals and for killing them to give the following result: Bring back cannibalism! Everyone's happy then.

Oh, wait.. Germany already has. What's everyone moaning about?

The viewing of certain animals as being more "important" than others is a little puzzling to me. Pigs are generally recognised as being more intelligent than dogs, yet a fair few dog lovers have no problem in tucking into a nice bacon sandwich. So what criteria are we using here? Little pigs are pretty cute too.

Arguments about methods of death being preferable over others strike me as odd... By the time you're in the position to comment, you're incapable of doing so :) In the case of livestock, the days (weeks or months?) before their deaths are far more cruel than that video in most cases.

fishybawb said:
Arguments about methods of death being preferable over others strike me as odd... By the time you're in the position to comment, you're incapable of doing so :) In the case of livestock, the days (weeks or months?) before their deaths are far more cruel than that video in most cases.
If humans were treated as well as the animals on my grandparents farm, we'd be given all the food we could need, diseases would be effectively eradicated, we'd have all the space and resources to do whatever we wanted, and our lives would be perfect for we would want for nothing, right up until we turned 30 and we find ourselves in a box. Then 10 seconds later we're dead.
That does not sound like such a terrible life to me.

xnopasaranx said:
I for one as a vegetarian will tell you this: murdering puppies is no worse than eating a steak.
A cow has much more fat than a puppy. Your argument is a failure.

Also, there's a difference between killing and consuming and animal and tossing it into a river. If she had been barbecuing the puppies over an open fire it would've been a different matter entirely. She's wasting food. I believe this also clears up the argument that we're not keeping people from starving. There's no way to justify throwing a puppy in a river, morally or economically.

fishybawb said:
The viewing of certain animals as being more "important" than others is a little puzzling to me. Pigs are generally recognised as being more intelligent than dogs, yet a fair few dog lovers have no problem in tucking into a nice bacon sandwich. So what criteria are we using here? Little pigs are pretty cute too.

It has nothing to do with intelligence or how "cute" you claim they are. Dogs make much better pets for a variety of reasons. That's all there is to it.

Exophase said:
It has nothing to do with intelligence or how "cute" you claim they are. Dogs make much better pets for a variety of reasons. That's all there is to it.
Skunks make excellent pets once they've been de-stunk, superior to dogs and cats in many ways, yet the roadkill:housepet ratio is significantly higher ;)

I want a micropig.

tumblr_kr41xugFtg1qzz0iho1_500.jpg

fishybawb said:
I believe this was answered quite adequately in Pulp Fiction

WizardStan said:
Skunks make excellent pets once they've been de-stunk, superior to dogs and cats in many ways, yet the roadkill:housepet ratio is significantly higher

That's because you have to de-skunk them.

Exophase said:
WizardStan said:
Skunks make excellent pets once they've been de-stunk, superior to dogs and cats in many ways, yet the roadkill:housepet ratio is significantly higher

Or, alternatively, they'd make great pets if you didn't de-skunk them but instead had an inability to smell. Talk about awesome!

Exophase said:
WizardStan said:

And then what's the point?

Back