Git not working on Pandora

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
So I installed Git directly from the command line, and it seems to work normally with one exception: no networking. When I try to pull or push, I get this error: "gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received while accessing <repo URL>"

If I use the version that comes with the C/C++ dev tools PND, it works fine, but that takes forever to load, and I can't use it from the shell with "Open terminal here", which means having to go to each of my repos from the command line, and that takes forever. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hmm, doesn't look significantly problematic. The root cert is old enough.

I wonder can you curl or wget* that url? Does it work or give the same error? If it errors it's likely a system error rather than a git error.

* I forget which the Pandora has

Okay, that might be an easier fix. Can you see if inside /etc/ssl/certs you have a file called DigiCert_High_Assurance_EV_Root_CA.pem ? If not, and you have an updated linux machine handy, you could try copying it there.

Older machines that don't get regular updates often find ssl stuff breaks in my experience. Killed web browsing on my old phone, for example, and getting new certs onto that OS was a lot harder than it is with Linux.

Back