Gizmodo

I don't see why they are making such a big deal of the fact that GP2X has a US distributor (Dynanism). It's almost the same thing as getting it from Lik-Sang, gp2x.co.uk, etc.

How come the now defunct gp32z.com wasn't mentioned as an official distributor for the US?

Edit: Oooh, now I get it, it's because it sold it for less $$$ and had roots in the community :)

- Alex

Oh God. This means we'll be getting an even larger influx of nitwits asking if it can emulate the bloody ps3 and wii before they're even released.

My gp32x friends, brace yourselves...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 24 2006 at 05:17 AM said:
Oh God. This means we'll be getting an even larger influx of nitwits asking if it can emulate the bloody ps3 and wii before they're even released.

1156001125997.jpg

I agree, although I'm sure they'll brick and give up before it becomes unbareable. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alvin posted on Aug 24 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 24 2006 at 05:17 AM said:

1156001125997.jpg

I agree, although I'm sure they'll brick and give up before it becomes unbareable. ;)

If it did come over here in a sort of mass distribution like the psp or ds, it still won't sell well with regular users. Useres I mean that buy a psp for pretty games, or a ds cause of mario. The average user is not going to be all over this. I don't think we will have to worry about this becoming a "psp-scene" type community. It would however be nice if it sparked more interest to other developers here in the states that don't know about it. I showed one of my co-workers my gp2x and he just ordered one. He's a great programmer and is anxious to see what he can accomplish with this nice little machine.

Azalin posted on Aug 23 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
Gamersection.ca sells them too. And even though they are based in quebec, theys till have thier prices in american, and dont tell you until you order either >_>
Yep, that pissed me off as well, in a way, they're bloody scammers*.

- Alex

* Always read the pin-sized print.

Alex. posted on Aug 24 2006 at 10:10 PM said:
Gamersection.ca sells them too. And even though they are based in quebec, theys till have thier prices in american, and dont tell you until you order either >_>

- Alex

sometimes they make the text grey as well

Alex. posted on Aug 24 2006 at 08:10 AM said:

- Alex

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A .CA URL WOULD BE BASED IN CANADA?

The truth is, Gamersection being a Canadian site is being a bit crooked to not indicate that their prices are in US dollars. (They even have a little Canadian flag icon displayed while you put your order together!)

Also, it would be nice if they answered their phone.... but I guess that's old fashioned.

They DO respond to emails... eventually.

sigh

ASK posted on Aug 24 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
Alex. posted on Aug 24 2006 at 08:10 AM said:

- Alex

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A .CA URL WOULD BE BASED IN CANADA?
Are you an idiot or something? They were complaining about how that CANADIAN-BASED SITE had its prices in AMERICAN DOLLARS and didn't actually mention anything to that effect on their site. Try actually reading the thread next time.

Alex. posted on Aug 23 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
How come the now defunct gp32z.com wasn't mentioned as an official distributor for the US?

Edit: Oooh, now I get it, it's because it sold it for less $$$ and had roots in the community :)

- Alex

Ummm, Dynamism sold the GP2x for $189 at launch. They also sponsored that fellow who was trying to make a Linux Dev Environment for GP2x here.

I wonder why they bumped the price up? I bet they got burned by returns, it seems like the batch they got were real buggy. Mine sure was. However, they were great about the return, no shipping charges either.

ingrin posted on Aug 25 2006 at 11:48 AM said:
Alex. posted on Aug 23 2006 at 04:46 PM said:

- Alex

Ummm, Dynamism sold the GP2x for $189 at launch. They also sponsored that fellow who was trying to make a Linux Dev Environment for GP2x here.

I wonder why they bumped the price up? I bet they got burned by returns, it seems like the batch they got were real buggy. Mine sure was. However, they were great about the return, no shipping charges either.
That's the kicker. I am having trouble with play-asia around a return. I'm fairly confident they'll come through in the end, but there are many bumps to overcome. First being several time zones away, the response times are automatically delayed a day. And they don't have a customer-friendly return policy, even for DOA items like mine. They made me pay to ship it, now they're making me wait 2 weeks while they test it (though it should take 2 minutes to realize how f'ed up it is). and in the end, they may still ship it back and charge me.

If I had known about a US-based distributor I would have gone in that direction.

JaqMs posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:59 PM said:
I don't see why they are making such a big deal of the fact that GP2X has a US distributor (Dynanism). It's almost the same thing as getting it from Lik-Sang, gp2x.co.uk, etc.

Ditto. But hey, the more the merrier. I'm sick of ppl telling me how cool my "PSP" looks. ugh.

xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 25 2006 at 08:08 PM said:
i love when people say my psp looks cool, cause gp2x looks like shit my breakfast

Back