Gizmondo Reborn 2008

A legend is reborn

Lol, legendary in the field of what? Most successful mafia-associated gaming device?

The part from the flash video where it said 'Gizmondo Live marketplace' made me think that perhaps Microsoft had nabbed the rights to the Gizmondo and were now running with it. Either that or who ever has them now is gonna be facing a lawsuit for 'Gizmondo Live Marketplace'.

Nova said:
A legend is reborn
Lol, legendary in the field of what? Most successful mafia-associated gaming device?

maybe some kind of legendary martyr in handheld world who passes away for sins of other handhelds.. like atari jaguar in console world :D... who cares .... anyway, ... if its true that resurrection isnt hoax then ill buy another tiny cheap handheld [ gizmondo ]. On uk ebay we have many cheap bargains to buy it....

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanted a gizmondo at one point, for the faster processor while still being open sourced. instead i saved up and built my own linux box, no theres just no reason to get gizmondo on account of the pandora. the gizmondo may have however layed out a shaky preceeding market for pandora. it may have also indirectly lead to the death of game park and their XGP by making investors more wary/afraid to invest in small video game companies.

This time around, it needs:
-to be the around the size of a gameboy micro
-to have around 32MB RAM or more
-to have a 200 mhz processor or better
-to have 5 hours of battery life or more
-to have wifi (at least "b", maybe "g" as well......what ever keeps the price at ~$100)
-to use an sdhc, or cf slot (for maximum storage in flash format, and a cheap price)
-to not have any sort of windows os, maybe linux, but whatever
-to not have a camera
-to not have ads

I can't wait, especially since the american government is considering giving adults $600, and children $300 to start spending more, in a hope to boost our economy. This would be very welcome.

The original Gizmondo was the most awful console of all time,horribly designed,shoulder buttons looked like elephant ears,cheap camera,using windows encoder to convert movies everything on the original was messed up.

Now they are coming back in 2008 it's not going to sell everyone hated the original how the hell is the new one going to survive it will be dumped in couple of months that's guaranteed there'a already ds,psp on the market they better not competition these 2 otherwise it will fail, tiger should sell it over the internet to be successful, i don't really think we need it at all we have pandora coming out in couple of months it's very powerful system to date the pandora has lot of potential it's not only a gaming console it will good for applications and has a keyboard good for typing while on the move, the gizmondo won't have same potential as pandora already the specs are bloody amazing and has loads of features.

sukhigp said:
The original Gizmondo was the most awful console of all time,horribly designed,shoulder buttons looked like elephant ears,cheap camera,using windows encoder to convert movies everything on the original was messed up.

Now they are coming back in 2008 it's not going to sell everyone hated the original how the hell is the new one going to survive it will be dumped in couple of months that's guaranteed there'a already ds,psp on the market they better not competition these 2 otherwise it will fail, tiger should sell it over the internet to be successful, i don't really think we need it at all we have pandora coming out in couple of months it's very powerful system to date the pandora has lot of potential it's not only a gaming console it will good for applications and has a keyboard good for typing while on the move, the gizmondo won't have same potential as pandora already the specs are bloody amazing and has loads of features.
No punctuations?
But seriously, what is the problem with competition. We'll see if this is a good, smaller alternative to the Pandora, and if not, then there is no problem.

Hahaha... as if they were going to release anything. This reminds me of that Futurama movie where spammers take over the world ^^. Maybe we need to give them our credit card information in order to pre-order one of them new Gizmondos with psychic capabilities. If I had to pick my favourite lie out of this, it would be the price being 99 dollars. How the hell will they do this? Wait, no. Release date is my favourite. May 2008. Ahahaha... omg I can't stop laughing.

xnopasaranx said:
Hahaha... as if they were going to release anything. This reminds me of that Futurama movie where spammers take over the world ^^. Maybe we need to give them our credit card information in order to pre-order one of them new Gizmondos with psychic capabilities. If I had to pick my favourite lie out of this, it would be the price being 99 dollars. How the hell will they do this? Wait, no. Release date is my favourite. May 2008. Ahahaha... omg I can't stop laughing.
Actually, think about it. If they had a bunch hidden in a warehouse from last time around, and they delcared bankruptcy, then they could revamp the OS and sell the old ones for huge profit, no matter how little they sell them for. And then they could make the release date, too.

Back