Gizmondo's Emu Vs Gp2x's Emu?

vincent85

Still Fresh
Already have Gp2x and Psp now I am planning to purchase a Gizmondo mainly becasue GPS feature and in my budget . I just wonder how is giz's emu compared to Gp2x's emu particularly Snes and gba?

Should i hold off for XGP also powered by win ce?

Thank in advantage

There is no emulator in GIZ better than in GP2X.
SNES for me is equal or better in GP2X, althought Mario 2:Yoshi island is more playable, but sound is not enough good.

GBA emu in GIZ is very playable(maybe faster than GBA emu in GP2X right now) but windowed and GBA in GP2X will be fullspeed very soon.

There are many dedicated GPS alternatives with better battery life than the gizmondo that are cheaper, just do a quick search and you will see. Or if you're daring, you can put a GPS receiver in the GP2X for a really cheap solution.

The Giz i am looking at is sold for $140(shipping Inlcuded) ,well it is not very bad!

It has 400mhz processor,maybe snes or gba emu will work better on it, what a pity that no dev want to work on it anymore!

vincent85 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 01:46 AM said:
The Giz i am looking at is sold for $140(shipping Inlcuded) ,well it is not very bad!

It has 400mhz processor,maybe snes or gba emu will work better on it, what a pity that no dev want to work on it anymore!

The only problem of the GIZ in my opinion is the inexistent scene.
I like very much GIZMONDO, it´s a pitty the no-scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
vincent85 posted on Feb 11 2007 at 11:42 PM said:

If it was deiniftely coming out, then probably--but it could be vapourware...

I thought Gizmondos were being offloaded in shops for 50 quid new? I was tempted to get one, but I know I'll never get time to use it enough.

vincent85 posted on Feb 11 2007 at 11:42 PM said:
Already have Gp2x and Psp now I am planning to purchase a Gizmondo mainly becasue GPS feature and in my budget . I just wonder how is giz's emu compared to Gp2x's emu particularly Snes and gba?

Thank in advantage

If you want go ahead but... I have actually had a Giz for some time but just couldn't get "into" it so it is in "moth balls". The screen is too small for my liking. The sound through the speaker is only mono. The user interface is one of the worst ever in my opinion. You can't even change volume without exiting an app. The "piano keys" are the most unresponsive things i have used and the dpad is clunky. The boot times are pathetic, and it takes alot of time just to turn off (shut down). I think it is an abysmal design in many ways. If you want to get a GPS there are many out there, and they have screens that won't give you a headache to use. Since the Giz is dead and you can't get them repaired or get the batteries maybe look into a dedicated GPS.

As far as SNES and GBA maybe just hold out to see what Reesy and ZodTTD have in store for the GP2X. I would bet those will get pretty good, and have a bigger screen and stereo to enjoy them with.

IMHO it's not really worth the time developing for the Gizmondo, and I know others feel the same. There just isn't a community worth bothering with. If you want SNES and GBA, stick with the GP2X and PSP. The Gizmondo offers nothing better than the emulators on your existing handhelds. For GPS, I'd recommend going with something with a larger screen, and preferably a touchscreen at that.

Gizmondo - faster processor (twice the speed of the gp2x) but no effective speedup due to extremely slow graphics processor. Community spoilt by spotty 13 year olds that just get up your nose.

the jizzmondo is still around? wow i didnt know people even used those things anymore.... well i had no idea there was ven a homebrew scene for it, so all i can say is the 2x's pwn its emus

Squidge has spoken, Ok,i pass the Giz . Man, with 400nhz, snes and gpa might be full speed some days!
Pitty!!!!!!!!

Back