Glbasic V8

MrTAToad

Still Fresh
Just to let you know that GLBasic V8 is now out.

In addition to the GP32/GP2X/WIZ support, it is now possible to compile for the OpenPandora platform.

More information can be found at GLBasic website

sbock said:
Nice. What's with Caanoo support? :)
Aside from the software's author not having one (as far as I know), I dont think he feels that there is sufficient need to support it. If you feel differently about it, you could always email him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is sad as there're a few great software coders making stuff for the GP2x/Wiz (e.g. iprice or Schnatterplatsch) and can't convert it to the Caannoo... :(

Can a mod please move this topic to another section(s) as it is misleading in the Caanoo section?

Yes, this should be in the WIZ (or even Pandora) section - but for some reason ended up here... :blink:

So this will build executables to run on Pandora, or does it require a player-exe or something?

Anyone got it for Pandora yet? I'd love to know if it works well enough to do real games development ..

torpor said:
So this will build executables to run on Pandora, or does it require a player-exe or something?

Anyone got it for Pandora yet? I'd love to know if it works well enough to do real games development ..

from what i know, GLBasic translates basic code to c code and then uses a native compiler to build the final executable. so no need for some fancy player exe :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats rights - its a full compiler...

Apparently the OpenPandora has very limited Windows support at the moment, so GLBasic compiles your code to C and then you need to compile to the C on the Pandora machine. I dont't know anyone with the machine, so I cant say how well all it goes, except to say, its a bit slow...

Back