Glob Function

Geuben

Whats does the glob function return when there are no more files? All the help files i can find say:

"When no longer they are left more files, or after the first call if were no, it gives back a chain in target"

which isn't very clear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This looks like it's been internet-translated from spanish (I've had lots of experience with this working in fenix). Basically it means:

"When there are no files left, it returns a string ..."

But I have no idea what the "target" bit means.

For future reference, any internet translation that gives you "chain" from spanish means "string".

Thanks for the translation, but that doesn't really help.

i think the function returns "" when there aren't any files left, but this:

CODE

REPEAT
file_result = WRITE(0,160,(80+f),4,GLOB("levels/*.lev"));
f+=8;
FRAME;
UNTIL(file_result == "")

keeps repeating the list of files over and over

Nevermind, i solved it, it returns "" when there are no more files, but i was using the write function wrong, have now got this

CODE

REPEAT
file_result = GLOB("levels/*.lev");
WRITE(0,160,(80+f),4,file_result);
f+=8;
FRAME;
UNTIL(file_result == "")

Hehe, nice, I just used this function for the first time today, too :) yes, it simply returns "".
I`m implementing a simple MP3 player for my current project Blocked.

Im currently having some trouble using this function to save a list of files that can be loaded (saved, maps in a map editor) and then selecting one and loading it, the most annoying thing is i sent it to this guy to see if he could see what was wrong, and it works for him no problem. Most annoying. I was gonna ask him which version of fenix he was using but hes gone now (he'll be back later hopefully). im using 0.84, is this still the version to use for use with the gp2x?

Back