Global Button Remapping

vaustein

Hi,

Although I like my nearly week-old GP2X, there is a serious problem. I always play games with two fingers
over the action buttons, e.g. two fingers of my right hand over two buttons for jump/attack combos. With the GP2X, I have to rotate my hand in front of the unit to cover the A/B/X/Y buttons. That sort of bad posture is very uncomfortable. Having my thumb over one button at a time won't work.

While most emulators allow key remapping, some don't - GnuBoy2X and MessGp2x for instance. Is there a way to globally reassign keys? Ideally, the L and R would be swapped with A and B. Other than that, the keys/controls are fine.

Not to seem like a whiner, but if this can't be done, I'll probably re-spend $200~$250 on a 500MHz notebook, throw VectorLinux on it, and retire my GP2X to the closet next to my Nokia NGage QD :(

Please post a picture of you, using the gp2x that way. I`d really like to see if it looks as stupid as i think :D

Well, I'll be more specific about the problems with the controller/buttons. Most of the emulators support button remapping. GPFCE and GnuBoy2x do not, and that would be a nice improvement. I can't even play Metal Gear with fMSX2x because there's no way to open the item/weapon/transceiver screens.

Back