Gmail Notification

Awakening

Website
www.digitalawakening.se
I just realized that this is the only thing I would miss from my laptop right now. When ever I get an email to my Gmail account a little box pops up telling me about it. Also the icon turns blue whenever I have unread messages. And some other features. I really want something similar running on my Pandora.

I did find this: http://gmail-notify.sourceforge.net/index.php

There's an extension for Chrome that displays a very nice informative icon when new messages arrive, and since my web browser is open constantly anyways, well...

lucidchaos said:
I use the Gmail Notifier plugin for Firefox that behaves exactly as you describe. The Pandora will support Firefox plugins the same as a PC.
...and it will also support Chrome plugins like the PC does ;)

(I just need to cross-compile Chromium which is trivial)

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurencevde said:
any RSS-reader and/or email-client will be useable.

fusion_power said:
Is there or will be there a general E-Mail program for the Pandora? Would be very useful I think. ^^
There's Mozilla Thunderbird, whatever the GNOME guys made, whatever the KDE guys made, and probably a few others, including one or two Emacs plugins.
So, yeah, there will be a general email program.

Of course it double-posted when I hit "send" twice.
Super good jorb, IP Board!!
You know, at being idempotent.. Or just thinking of basic problems that might occur in a bulletin board.

Awakening said:
joseluisjazz said:
I like much more checkgmail.

That one seems really nice, more features then the Google version. I would love to have that running in Xfce :)

Hey, nice indeed. It can also turn on a led when a new email arrives. If there's still a LED free, then yay.

fusion_power said:
Is there or will be there a general E-Mail program for the Pandora? Would be very useful I think. ^^
There was a video a while back showing Claws Mail running on a prototype Pandora with the vanilla Angstrom system. That's the only fat client I've seen in the Projects Under Development page on the wiki, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until other popular clients like Thunderbird or Sylpheed get some love.

Back