Gmenu2x And V2.1.1 Firmware

spyhunter

Still Fresh
Anyone know why after upgrading to v2.1.1 firmware the GMENU2X isn't working?

I have autorun on and everything..... Is this a GMENU2X problem?

actually i got the gmenu2x running but how do you get it to autorun like the old version (just updated fully!!!)????

Just to be sure, have you checked to make sure the gmenu2x "autorun.gpu" file is in the root of your SD card? Maybe you deleted it when you were doing the FW upgrade?

Um... gmenu2x runs fine on the 2.1.1 firmware.

EDIT: If you mean all the links, re-download it, as .81 has been released.

I don't remember; does it re-format the NAND? If so, and he had the autorun script installed there ... maybe?

no it was on my sd card and the autorun is still there.

one thing i did notice when i upgraded to v2.1.1 was that it upgraded and the front screen states v2.1.1 but it didn't delete the upgrade files from the sd card, i had to do this manually??

(and the settings are autorun YES and yes i did download the latest version of gmenu2x and re-copied all my links across)

anyone got any idea's about this please?

I can run the GMENU2X from the original gp2x menu but sort of beats the point of it all!!! I need it to autorun and do you think i should upgrade my firmware again?

Did you launch the gpu included with the firmware files?
The firmware upgrade process could not be complete without that.

Also, it's normal that the firmware files are still there after an upgrade.

i removed the gmenu2x autorun file just in case.
I then placed the firmware files on the sd card and booted.
it went straight to the upgrading screen then went into the original menu

i then put the autorun back on and noticed the files were still there but i never run any other upgrade file (gpu) is that what needs to be done?

i can get gmenu2x running (which is gr8 by the way and they should replace the original menu with it!) but it won't autorun?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

As stated earlier you usually need to run the GPU files included with the firmware update to complete the update. It patches to the software on the NAND after the firmware has been upgraded.

just done that - thanks.
it now works fine, thanks for the comments and help all!!!!

Back