Gmenu2x Autorun Probs W Fw211

cHEM

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I finally got a replacement GP2x yesterday, and have been messing around with it today, and one of the first things I did was roll the firmware back to 2.1.1, however, I am having problems with Gmenu2x autobooting. I followed all the relevent instructions in the wiki, and it appears to be set up correctly, but it just won't work. I've also tried 3 different SD cards.

After some further experimenting, I rolled the firmare back to 2.0, and it started working. I upgrade to 2.1 or 2.11, and it stops.

I am currently just using firmware 2.0, which I don't mind too much, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful?

I have up/downgraded the firmware 2 or 3 times, and always get the same outcome.

I take it I'm the only one experiencing this?

Kudos to Ryo, its a much nicer front end than the standard. :)

Setting > System > Auto Run: set ON

That should do it

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 4 2007 at 10:05 PM said:

That should do it

- Alex

Nop! I've changed this setting each time I flash the firmware-- sorry, I should have been more clear on this in my original post.

the firmware is always automatically set to autorun anyway, but I've switched it off and rebooted and then back on and rebooted again, just to be sure, and it is still not working in FW 2.1.0 or fw 2.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:
cHEM posted on Mar 5 2007 at 08:57 AM said:
Alex. posted on Mar 4 2007 at 10:05 PM said:

That should do it

- Alex

Nop! I've changed this setting each time I flash the firmware-- sorry, I should have been more clear on this in my original post.

the firmware is always automatically set to autorun anyway, but I've switched it off and rebooted and then back on and rebooted again, just to be sure, and it is still not working in FW 2.1.0 or fw 2.1.1

I have the same problem - just downgraded from 3.0.0 to 2.1.1, and autorun doesn't work anymore. Also, I don't have any skin settings :/

Zider posted on Mar 15 2007 at 02:03 PM said:
I have the same problem - just downgraded from 3.0.0 to 2.1.1, and autorun doesn't work anymore. Also, I don't have any skin settings :/

I've not actually checked for Skin settings.. well, to be honest, I've never changed the skin, but thats very strange...

If you roll back to 2.0/2.1.0 does autorun work then?

I've never tried the menu with FW 3.0 either-- the boot time is a killer!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

cHEM posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:40 PM said:
Zider posted on Mar 15 2007 at 02:03 PM said:

I've not actually checked for Skin settings.. well, to be honest, I've never changed the skin, but thats very strange...

If you roll back to 2.0/2.1.0 does autorun work then?

I've never tried the menu with FW 3.0 either-- the boot time is a killer!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

I haven't tried downgrading again, I've just recovered from worrying about getting my gp2x bricked ;)
But I guess I'll try it later..

cHEM posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:11 AM said:
Hey Zider,

Did you have any more luck here?

Only with 2.0, where autorun works, but as soon as I upgrade to 2.1 and/or 2.1.1 it stops working.. It worked with 3.0 too, but I haven't tried upgrading back to it again.

djh816 posted on Mar 22 2007 at 05:36 PM said:
the autorun.gpu needs to be in the root of the sd card.

Well no shit. ;)
If it works with one firmware version, and not in the next, it's hardly the wrong filename now is it? :)

Figured out a fix for this. Just copy the autorun.gpu to the NAND. Don't edit the file, just copy it. I did that, and it's working fine. =)

EDIT: That is using the unofficial firmware here, though. Worth a try, at least.

got it to work.
all weird :S
copied the original autorun.gpu again and it worked.
if you want to edit it to change the path dont edit any "spaces"

Zider said:
Well no shit...
lol..

Thanks for the responses guys, I still don't see a genuine solution though. Surely if it works for one version of the firmware it should work for all. the re-copying the file seems a bit strange-- I've tried multiple SD cards and created batch files from scratch, so can't see how this would help, though, to be honest, I've not tried anything since the original post, I don't have any problems with FW2.0 at the moment.

I am using Gmenu2x for the first time and I have this problem too. I have the autorun set to 'on' and the autorun.gpu file in the root of my SD and I am on fw2.11.

I tried copying the file over again and this didn't help. I have got it to work from NAND though, but it would be nicer to have it on the SD card.

WhizzBang said:
I am using Gmenu2x for the first time and I have this problem too. I have the autorun set to 'on' and the autorun.gpu file in the root of my SD and I am on fw2.11.

I tried copying the file over again and this didn't help. I have got it to work from NAND though, but it would be nicer to have it on the SD card.
Hey Whizzbang.. I think we're pissing in the wind here.. :)

are you still on FW2.1.1? if so, To save me reflasing, could you try autorunning an alternative app, see if that works?

Unfortunately, I lost my (newly dpad modded) GP2x today, so I can't test anything. I think I probably left it on the bus and I am feeling a bit glum about it.

WhizzBang said:
Unfortunately, I lost my (newly dpad modded) GP2x today, so I can't test anything. I think I probably left it on the bus and I am feeling a bit glum about it.
"a bit glum"... man, I'd be feeling sick to my stomach! Thats bad news. :(

Back