Saving Games With Gmenu2x Problem

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Ok, like I think Gmenu2x is Soo much better than the origanal menu that came with the gp2x but I discovered a problem when I was using it. What happened was probably have something to do with the auto.gpu because whenever I would exit a Game or Emu and it wouldnt save. When using Picodrive, save states would never work until I deleted the autorun. Has this happened to anyone else? By the way, I am using Firmware 2.1.0 and Gmenu2x version 8 and was hoping to upgrade to version 9 if I know that it will save.

I just tested Turrican in Picodrive, and the save state remains after I exit Picodrive and after I completely reboot the GP2X. I have the autorun.gpe on the card, too.

Maybe try a complete reinstall of GMenu2x would fix it? Good luck!

- Alex

And your using FW 2.1.0 also? If so then I guess I'll be trying out version 9 soon
smile2.gif

purple_goat posted on Mar 14 2007 at 11:18 PM said:
try 2.1.1, works for me :)

.. it has nothing to do with the firmware. Mehthinks the emus are not 'sync' ing before exiting ... how did you create your links? Could you post the contents of one that is having the trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have upgraded to version9 and it is working pretty good despite one problem for me. The problem also happened to me in version 8 where if I created a new section, and added in a new link, I would go to launch it but it just freezes up. Happen to anyone else? Oh and yeah ,Telcolou, it wasnt just the emus that didn't save, it was every single program I tried to run.

just make links manually, thats what I did..
to make a section go inside gmenu2x folder (might not be right on, I'm doing this from memory..)
any you should see games, utlilities, etc folders.. make a new one, then copy one of the link files from inside a folder and rename it/ edit the contents to fit your needs..
should work :blink:

Try turning on the "wrapper" option under link options. This makes it so that when you exit that program, it syncs, and then returns to Gmenu2X. That way you don't need special script files, you can set all your settings including clockspeed in Gmenu2X, so you only need to use the bare executable file.

Blah posted on Mar 16 2007 at 08:17 PM said:
Try turning on the "wrapper" option under link options. This makes it so that when you exit that program, it syncs, and then returns to Gmenu2X. That way you don't need special script files, you can set all your settings including clockspeed in Gmenu2X, so you only need to use the bare executable file.

Thanks Blah, you explained it much better than I did :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back