Firmware 2.1.0 Problem

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
Ever since I updated my firmware I've been having all kinds of problems with my SD card... I emptied the card for the update then tried putting everything back but the card kept saying it was full even though it was everything that had just been on there. There was about 256MB of slack space that would access. So, I reformatted the card. I tried moving folders and they showed the move process but then they weren't on the card and had been deleted off my system. Okay, fine, I recovered the deleted folders on my system - rereformatted the card and COPIED everything. So far so good but then Gmenu2x kept having problems like folders disappearing or adding applications I didn't want by itself. I have lost several folders entirely and now have a file in gmenu2x that can't be deleted! I renamed the old gmenu folder, reistalled and it's working but I'm still missing folders... WTF?!

Anyone else have any SD issues with 2.1.0? Any Gmenu2X problems with 2.1.0? I'm dying here and hope it's not the card because I can't afford another one! (It's a Sandisk 1Gb, BTW).

Ok this is total B.S., now. I've just put five folders on my card using USB connection - they were there and everything was good. I even edited a PNG and saved it, looking good. I powered off and back on and THEY ARE ALL GONE. WTF?! This is happening constantly! Anyone? This is making me crazy!!

pkostrze posted on Oct 31 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
Ok this is total B.S., now. I've just put five folders on my card using USB connection - they were there and everything was good. I even edited a PNG and saved it, looking good. I powered off and back on and THEY ARE ALL GONE. WTF?! This is happening constantly! Anyone? This is making me crazy!!
do you use the gmenu usb-start thing, or the official firmware usb connectivity?

gmenu also does this for me, whilst in the official firmware usb works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Oct 31 2006 at 10:52 AM said:
pkostrze posted on Oct 31 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
do you use the gmenu usb-start thing, or the official firmware usb connectivity?

gmenu also does this for me, whilst in the official firmware usb works fine.

I've tried both... I ran a checkdisk /f and it solved the problem for a little while. I'm going to reformat and try again. The fun never ends... but I'd still rather do this than deal with closed source PSP <shrug>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back