Gp2x Garbled Sd Card Files :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risc_Terilia

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2X today. The first thing i did after formating the SC card (FAT32) was copy an MP3 on to it. I then ran the music player on the GP2X and it showed me a list of 5 folders, 2 of which were called "Any Key To", the other 3 had pretty garbled names. All of the folders were empty. I formated the card again and tried the same thing, the same thing happened and i took a look at the card in the GP2X file manager whcih displayed the same folders but also about 20 files with garbled names, some including japanese characters. I went back to the music play which could still only see the 5 directories. Any ideas? I'm using a Kodac 128 MB SD card and windows XP.

Wheh i first got my unit i had a similar problem. I think the problem is that the GP2X sucks for connecting to PC's. My files also seemed to get currupted when transfering between different computers, when it worked of cause. This is basically the only problem i've had with it.

(Formatting the card under 2k insted of XP(sp2) worked). So possible a problem with xp.

I just use my digital cam to transfer files to the card. Not the perfect solution but it gets the job done very well.

Risc_Terilia said:
I just got my GP2X today. The first thing i did after formating the SC card (FAT32) was copy an MP3 on to it. I then ran the music player on the GP2X and it showed me a list of 5 folders, 2 of which were called "Any Key To", the other 3 had pretty garbled names. All of the folders were empty. I formated the card again and tried the same thing, the same thing happened and i took a look at the card in the GP2X file manager whcih displayed the same folders but also about 20 files with garbled names, some including japanese characters. I went back to the music play which could still only see the 5 directories. Any ideas? I'm using a Kodac 128 MB SD card and windows XP.

I recommend that you use official SanDisk sd card instead ans always format it to Fat32 (even if its pre-formatted), I used a Impact sd card on my GP2X F-200 and it doesn't seem to like it. I have experience some system hangs at times when viewing
large amount of photos or videos.. :( So I think SanDisk offers better compatibility
don't risk breaking your 2x with either a no-name or not-so-common name brand SD cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back