Gmenu2X - Usb And Incompatibilities

Wycked

Still Fresh
How do you open the USB connection to a computer through Gmenu2X? Am I completely overlooking something here?

Also, I have a few games that don't work through Gmenu2X. Has a list been started, or should I do so?

Wycked said:
How do you open the USB connection to a computer through Gmenu2X? Am I completely overlooking something here?

quite possible that it doesnt work, since gmenu2x just has what worked for the gp2x.

Wycked said:
Also, I have a few games that don't work through Gmenu2X. Has a list been started, or should I do so?

This would very strange, gmenu2x just launches the app just like gp2xmenu does

Last edited by a moderator:
There are definitely some that don't work for me. An example would be Wolf4SDL. I get sound, but no graphics until the demo player gets killed. Then I get the red fill screen, but it's on its side. Stuff that doesn't work in Gmenu2X also doesn't run when I try to start it through Win2X or Ginge (running from within Gmenu2X). I'll start noting anything else that doesn't work, with details.

Also, is Gmenu2X supposed to be saving volume and CPU speed settings? None of my setting changes save, besides shortcuts. I'm using Autoreallyrun, if you think that could cause a problem.

Pobega said:
Glquake and Trap75 are two others that are incompatible with Gmenu2x

ive run glquake from gmenu2x, but your saying you can run it from gp2xmenu with the same sd card?

I'll start a list. It may take a while though... I just did the math, and including ROMs I have 1030 game and apps on my Wiz. WOO!

I just added and reorganized my sections (tabs) via PC, and noticed that when I renamed folders like "applications" and "settings" to "Applications" and "Settings," that some important shortcuts disappeared. Shortcuts like Explorer, Wallpaper, and Skin. When I uncapitalized them, they came back. I changed the names from Gmenu2X, and they seemed to stay until I exited to the Wiz frontend to do more stuff via PC. Now those links are gone again. Any way to bring them back? They don't seem to be in the original downloaded Gmenu files.

Also, I noticed the usbon and usboff files in the scripts folder. Can anyone make those work, or are they strictly for battery charging purposes?

Pickle said:
Pobega said:

ive run glquake from gmenu2x, but your saying you can run it from gp2xmenu with the same sd card?

Glquake runs fine from gp2xmenu, whereas Tyrquake can run from Gmenu2x fine but Glquake does that weird thing where it goes sideways (if the top of the Glquake screen is on the right of my Wiz screen). I'm not really sure how to fix this issue, I've seen it with a few games.

Edit: Actually, running gpSP and exiting before opening glquake fixes the issue. But I wish I didn't have to do that every time I wanted to play Quake

Pobega said:
Pickle said:
Pobega said:

Glquake runs fine from gp2xmenu, whereas Tyrquake can run from Gmenu2x fine but Glquake does that weird thing where it goes sideways (if the top of the Glquake screen is on the right of my Wiz screen). I'm not really sure how to fix this issue, I've seen it with a few games.

Edit: Actually, running gpSP and exiting before opening glquake fixes the issue. But I wish I didn't have to do that every time I wanted to play Quake

sounds like you are talking about screen rotation. Are you using an SDL not supplied by gph?

I'm not sure. It's a new Wiz (2 weeks old) and I haven't replaced anything on the NAND. Should I be using a non-GPH SDL?

So we now have a PDF of instructions for Gmenu2X. That's great, I already know how to use the file browser and change settings. What I want to know is how I can make these links return so I can use them again.

Back