Gmu 0.6.2 Released!

Yod4z said:
JeanLouSchmidt said:
Please don't add wma support on gmu....

You may say I'm an extremist but people have to know that there are others format than mp3 and wma....
I use only ogg for my personnal rip but some friends of mine :unsure: use WMA. The problem is just i don't want to transcode :rolleyes:

I understand both of you and I really like formats such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC and I really prefer them especially when it comes to WMA, but transcoding one lossy format to another doesn't really make it sound better. So I understand that people like to have WMA support in Gmu, but that would possibly result in WMA to be used even more, because almost "every player supports it". ;)
I haven't made any decision about adding wma yet. I might add it if I have some spare time and don't have anything better to do and one of the decoders can be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a few bugs:

1. The volume bar: When the highest volume is selected the highest bar doesn't change the color (If you know what I mean - absolutely minor bug).

2. Lyrics .txt files over ca. 3 KB seem to crash the player. The music is still there, but the controls are completely gone.

3. Lyrics files over ca. 3 KB which are embedded don't crash the player, but are not completely visibly in the viewer.

The bugs are present on F-100 2.1.2 and F-200 4.1.1.

I can provide you with samples if you wish, just drop me a line...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I found a few bugs:

1. The volume bar: When the highest volume is selected the highest bar doesn't change the color (If you know what I mean - absolutely minor bug).

2. Lyrics .txt files over ca. 3 KB seem to crash the player. The music is still there, but the controls are completely gone.

3. Lyrics files over ca. 3 KB which are embedded don't crash the player, but are not completely visibly in the viewer.

The bugs are present on F-100 2.1.2 and F-200 4.1.1.

I can provide you with samples if you wish, just drop me a line...

Regards,
Stephan
Lyrics files should never be able to crash or freeze the player, so this looks like a serious bug. It would be helpful if you could send me a file that causes the player to crash. It might have something to do with the encoding. The text file should be enough, no need to send me the audio file as well.

jbrodack said:
this is my favorite gp2x music player and I always love to see updates for it. unless I missed something I don't think you've added seeking in tracks yet. do you plan to implement that?
I already mentioned that a few posts above. Gmu supports fast forward/rewind for Ogg Vorbis, Musepack and FLAC, but not for MP3 yet. By default you can seek through a file using Stick click + L / R. Of course you can redefine the buttons for that.

wejp said:
jbrodack said:
this is my favorite gp2x music player and I always love to see updates for it. unless I missed something I don't think you've added seeking in tracks yet. do you plan to implement that?
I already mentioned that a few posts above. Gmu supports fast forward/rewind for Ogg Vorbis, Musepack and FLAC, but not for MP3 yet. By default you can seek through a file using Stick click + L / R. Of course you can redefine the buttons for that.

sorry. I completely missed that. I usually look before I ask questions like that. Anyway lyrics support is a nice addition and new skins are nice.

And a question I don't think you've been asked before: any plans for any other gp2x or pandora projects in the future? You've done such a good job on this I'm sure you could make other great programs or games. Even if not I appreciate you making the great program. full featured and easy to use.

jbrodack said:
wejp said:
jbrodack said:

sorry. I completely missed that. I usually look before I ask questions like that. Anyway lyrics support is a nice addition and new skins are nice.

No problem.

And a question I don't think you've been asked before: any plans for any other gp2x or pandora projects in the future? You've done such a good job on this I'm sure you could make other great programs or games. Even if not I appreciate you making the great program. full featured and easy to use.

Thankyou.
I really would like to make a game for the gp2x and I already had some ideas, but due to my limited amount of free time I did not yet finished that. But I hope I will find the time to make a game eventually.
As for the Pandora, I will most likely get one myself and that will of course also mean that I will write programs and/or games for it. If that results in something worth to be released, I will of course do so. ;)

Hi there,

Say, Im using GMU and I love it but I don't know how to close it on the F200 :blink: . The README states exit is CLICK+START, but err, there is no click on the F200 (or at least it doesn't work for me) :( .

Is there an alternative way to exit?

Tim.

Edit:
Nvm, I saw further in the readme that I can remap the controls. Big rtfm on me :blush:.

Back