Gnash

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
Built
Execute from the command line: "./gnash file.swf"
I had some good fun watching videos I had saved... from 2007. I built it with the (experimental) frame skipping so more involved videos could keep up; without it, they rapidly fell behind. Either way (whether frame skip is active or not) something about the timing is still wrong, the video gets a few seconds ahead of the audio every minute. :( I'll work on that.
What I've given up on is the plugin. It's driving me nuts. It runs, I can hear the audio, but there's no video, just white. I don't know why. If anyone is familiar with the problem and making it behave I will gladly welcome any help.
I was hoping for a quick and temporary fix to the youtube thing, but after 3 days beating my head against this I think one of the official flash plugins may be our only real hope. :(

WizardStan said:
Built
Execute from the command line: "./gnash file.swf"
I had some good fun watching videos I had saved... from 2007. I built it with the (experimental) frame skipping so more involved videos could keep up; without it, they rapidly fell behind. Either way (whether frame skip is active or not) something about the timing is still wrong, the video gets a few seconds ahead of the audio every minute. :( I'll work on that.
What I've given up on is the plugin. It's driving me nuts. It runs, I can hear the audio, but there's no video, just white. I don't know why. If anyone is familiar with the problem and making it behave I will gladly welcome any help.
I was hoping for a quick and temporary fix to the youtube thing, but after 3 days beating my head against this I think one of the official flash plugins may be our only real hope. :(

What about lightspark?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the difference with the one built in?
The frameskipping?

I mean, you are not using a newer version or anything, are you?

As for the videos, gnash was supposed to play the older ActionScript 2 youtube videos without trouble, but I've never had such luck, so perhaps you are encountering the same problem as before, and even the same problem these people are having.

fettouhi said:
What about lightspark?
Needs OGL to OGLES treatment, so no simple recompile, and strictly supports AS3, nothing less, making gnash needed for older flash files.

Lightspark does JIT to x86. I don't know if that can be turned off or worked around.
This is Gnash 0.88 (latest) and compiled against the latest version of the Boost library to be compatible with the Pandora. The one currently on the Pandora is 0.85 and crashes in the Boost thread library.

WizardStan said:
Lightspark does JIT to x86. I don't know if that can be turned off or worked around.
Yes sure, the lightspark devel is even looking for someone to do it. You "just" have to rewrite the JIT for ARM (some kind of dynarec...)

Back