Gngeo2x Help Please

meancode

Still Fresh
Hello,

I have GNGeo2x installed. I was getting bios rom errors, but noticed that my files were not named correctly. I renamed them and no longer get that error. I assume that fixed the problem.

Now when I select a zip file from <roms> it shows blue progress bars for all the individual .rom files in the archive. The last progress bar says "Converting Title." Once that completes the screen goes black. It has been black for some time now, maybe 5 minutes.

No buttons work, but if I hit L it says "Test Switch ON."

So, whats the deal? How do I get the emu to work? Thanks.

Um, nevermind! I got it to work. It was a bad bios apparently. Yay ;)

Some games will not play. I can play Metal Slug games, but no KOF or SNKvC. Is this normal, are they just too much to handle?

Trashman posted on May 5 2006 at 11:57 AM said:
Sorry to hijack but what should the bios's be called at and which ones shoul i have?

I don't think that your post falls into the "hijacking" category, so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyways, just type Neo Geo Bios into Google, and the first page that comes up will give you the universal bios that you need for all the games. If my memory serves me correctly, stick it into the roms folder and unzip it and you should be ready to go. H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

There is a bios archive with 4 files. I tried that, did not work (that one seemes to work fine on PC with NeoRageX). There is another with 11 files, that one worked quite well :D

When I try and load KOF 98/2002 or SNKvC it dumps me back out the main menu, I have to select Games > SD > and the emu again. Do I need to overclock, and how would I do that in Gngeo2x? Thanks.

Oh, KOF 98/2002 and and SNKvC do work just fine on my PC. I thought they should work, considering Metal Slug 5 is, I think, 2003.

Darnit, looks like Metal Slug 5 won't get past the charector select screen on my GP2X. Maybe these are hacked up to work with NeoRageX and will not work on the GP2X.

meancode posted on May 5 2006 at 03:48 PM said:
Hi,

There is a bios archive with 4 files. I tried that, did not work (that one seemes to work fine on PC with NeoRageX). There is another with 11 files, that one worked quite well :D

When I try and load KOF 98/2002 or SNKvC it dumps me back out the main menu, I have to select Games > SD > and the emu again. Do I need to overclock, and how would I do that in Gngeo2x? Thanks.

Oh, KOF 98/2002 and and SNKvC do work just fine on my PC. I thought they should work, considering Metal Slug 5 is, I think, 2003.

Darnit, looks like Metal Slug 5 won't get past the charector select screen on my GP2X. Maybe these are hacked up to work with NeoRageX and will not work on the GP2X.

There could be several things going on here, so I'll try and cover ALL the bases for you. I went round and round with this emu for quite a while, so I know most of the ups and downs, LOL. First, getting taken back to the main menu could be several things. For example, the rom is bad, not too much to explain here. Second, you are OVERCLOCKING and your console gets locked up. At 266 I always got taken back to the main menu, so I had to drop it to 250, where it runs just fine. I suggest that you try using the front end Rage2x. It lets you configure such things as sound and cpu speed, as well as region and home or arcade settings. It really is a great help. And lastly, just because a game works with NeoRageX on the PC, doesn't mean that it will automatically work in the GP2X (I found that out the hard way, LOL) some will work and some won't, so it's a matter of trying. And lastly, and mabye most importantly, if you search on the net, "Antidark" has put up a "pack" of ALL the roms that run with NgGeo2x, inlcluding KOF 2003, 2004, Metal Slug X, 3, 4, and 5. He did a great job, even including the dump fixes to make things even easier. I can't infringe the forum rules by telling you just where it is, but a quick Google search will turn it up. Good luck, H.G.

I just installed Rage2x. Thats purrdy. I am finding maybe 1/3 of my games are working. Thanks for the info.

Tell me, does overclocking to 250 offer benefits over leaving it at 200?

meancode posted on May 6 2006 at 11:47 AM said:
I just installed Rage2x. Thats purrdy. I am finding maybe 1/3 of my games are working. Thanks for the info.

Tell me, does overclocking to 250 offer benefits over leaving it at 200?

Runs much smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooother with sound, LOLOL, H.G. ;)

Back