Gngeo2x Suggestion

CyberAxe

i know the guy who works on it is around here somewhere but i couldnt remember his nick

since gngeo2x is almost perfect now theres not much to want however there is one slight annoyance with the unibios

none of my unibios settings get saved

it would be nice if you could specify which system is reported to the UNIBIOS as it detects the system as AES and none of the settings get saved i looked up the UNIBIOS readme and found this

"Because the AES system has no backup SRAM the system will use the memory card to
store the systems region and operation mode settings. This info is then read once
at power on, its not read again after using the system reset button or soft reset
option. If a memory card is not present the system will default to EURO region and
CONSOLE operation mode on power up, you can then change this as required once you
reach the splash screen."

so should work nicley with MVS i am assuming (i am using version 2.1 did the same thing with 2.2)

the only other thing that might be nice is a little utility to build a rom rc from a rom (its a damned nightmare trying to get svc and mslug3 working arg!)

but other than that perfect

I've had an issue somewhat similar with the newest build of GNGeo as well. Because I'm using the unibios, and now, I guess GNGeo actually recognizes that it's there, GNGeo is acting like an AES instead of an MVS. Which would be OK, but there's no add coin button and that makes long bouts of KOF very difficult. Is there a way to trick the unibios into thinking it's an MVS? For old time's sake? I actually don't use the new version because of that.

Shikaku posted on Sep 18 2006 at 12:58 AM said:
Change it yourself: there's a conf folder, you can change it yourself (save as linux endings with programmers notepad).

You guys don't experiment a lot huh?
No options to change in the default text files I'm afraid.
Start a game & when you see the unibios screen press L+A
Highlight region setup & press X to select.
Press A to choose Europe (X for Japan, B for USA), then press X for Arcade (B for Console).
Go down to play game & press X to select.
If you press Select+Start in game it will show you the ingame menu. Choose soft reboot system from the bottom of the list & the new unibios screen should show you as running Arcade :)

p.s The unibios won't hold the settings for restart, or create a config file to edit & make it permenant :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if it depends on the version but L+R brings up the memory card utility for me. To get to the region settings I have to use A+B+X.

subcon959 posted on Sep 18 2006 at 02:01 AM said:
I'm not sure if it depends on the version but L+R brings up the memory card utility for me. To get to the region settings I have to use A+B+X.
Could be as A+B+X don't seem to want to work for me.
I'm using 0.7.. you?

***EDIT***
I'm also using RAGE2X 0.8.8

Shikaku posted on Sep 17 2006 at 04:58 PM said:

Well, I don't open random things in a notepad when I don't know what I'm doing.

Rayek posted on Sep 17 2006 at 10:03 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Sep 17 2006 at 04:58 PM said:

Well, I don't open random things in a notepad when I don't know what I'm doing.

I do...

And if you don't want to fuck something up, make a copy. Most things in that file are self explanitory....

Back