Gnu Robbo 0.64

Thunor

Still Fresh
Website
thunor.org.uk
Hello :)

The GNU Robbo Team has released GNU Robbo 0.64.

Amongst other improvements, this version adds sound support (with some very nice sound effects) and 19 additional level packs.

gnurobbo064-01.png

Complete ChangeLog (not GP2X specific):-

• Modified some objects to be more similar to Atari Robbo
  • Added 19 level packs
  • Added preliminary music support
  • Added sound and sound-skin support
  • Added support for tiled level background images
  • Added Oily graphical skin
  • Added support for Robbo Millenium objects
  • Added Playstation PSP support
  • Added Russian translation by Alexander Voikov
  • Added an in-game pointer control pad and toolbar
  • Added extensive pointer support for menus and game
For more information please visit the official GNU Robbo website.

For now you may download the GP2X package (and source) from the above website, and I will update the project's entry in the archive shortly.

Regards,
Thunor

Cool! Will download this later and giving it a whirl.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks for this new version, unfortunately it doesn't work on my F200 with Open2X DR7 installed :(

Bye, Sam

Great game...now is more fun with sound enabled..
I have a F200 with firmware 4.1.1 and it work.. :) now...your previous gp2x version (0.62) didn't work...

So, some good news and some bad news :)

I probably should have stated that it was built using the GPH GP2X SDK.

If somebody has an Open2x toolchain installed and would like to build another package then I'll upload it to the Sourceforge files area.

The source package is here -> http://gnurobbo.sourceforge.net/#downloads

Regards,
Thunor

Changes (not GP2X specific):-

2009-12-23
* 0.65 released
* Added a level designer for platforms with pointer support
* Added a new set of 12 demos using the latest level packs
* Added the Russian alphabet to the pixmap fonts
* Applied various graphical tweaks
* Fixed several bugs

Just a minor update for the GP2X: the Tronic skin now has a set of background tiles that really enhance the graphics, the new demos look nice -- some can amusingly have unpredictable endings due to the randomness of certain objects -- , Russians can now see some characters in the pixmap font and generally some spit and polish has been applied. There is a new level pack called "Designer" (designer.dat) that currently includes several levels created using the level designer and I can recommend them as they are quite a challenge.

I've updated the screen-shot in my original post above.

The GP2X package currently on the SourceForge downloads page was built using the GPH SDK, but I have compiled the Open2x toolchain-new and successfully built GNU Robbo using it except the sound didn't work, so I need to fiddle about a bit.

For the moment you can download the relevant package from the above link and I will update the archive shortly.

Merry Christmas :)

Thunor

This new update is great as it has music and extra skins for the game. I'm still stuck on level 32 the original pack. Just cannot get the last screw.
sad.gif

Tag5 said:
This new update is great as it has music and extra skins for the game. I'm still stuck on level 32 the original pack. Just cannot get the last screw.
sad.gif
This requires that objects are placed up against teleport exits so that Robbo exits them a certain side.

* From the start, go left, up, left and push the box against the teleport.
* Go right, down, left and enter the teleport with the screw underneath it - the screw forces Robbo to exit the teleport north.
* Work your way up and enter the teleport that you pushed the box against - the box forces Robbo to exit the teleport north.
* Go up and push the box up against the wall, grab the 3 screws along the top of the level and work your way down the right-hand side to the teleport with the screw to the left of it.
* Go through the teleport and you'll see a box a little way below. You need to get this box underneath the teleport in the middle of the level which means you'll have to grab the screw to the left of it, push the box to that position and go down navigating past the bear so that you can come back up to push the box up, then left and then up.
* Once the box is in position, go back up the right-hand side of the level, along the top and down the left and you'll exit the teleports in the required places.
* Grab the remaining screws and head south for the capsule :)

Cheers,
Thunor

Thunor said:
Tag5 said:
sad.gif
This requires that objects are placed up against teleport exits so that Robbo exits them a certain side.

* From the start, go left, up, left and push the box against the teleport.
* Go right, down, left and enter the teleport with the screw underneath it - the screw forces Robbo to exit the teleport north.
* Work your way up and enter the teleport that you pushed the box against - the box forces Robbo to exit the teleport north.
* Go up and push the box up against the wall, grab the 3 screws along the top of the level and work your way down the right-hand side to the teleport with the screw to the left of it.
* Go through the teleport and you'll see a box a little way below. You need to get this box underneath the teleport in the middle of the level which means you'll have to grab the screw to the left of it, push the box to that position and go down navigating past the bear so that you can come back up to push the box up, then left and then up.
* Once the box is in position, go back up the right-hand side of the level, along the top and down the left and you'll exit the teleports in the required places.
* Grab the remaining screws and head south for the capsule
smile.gif

Cheers,
Thunor
Awesome, many thanks for the help! Onwards I go!
biggrin.gif

Hi,
Thunor said:
The GP2X package currently on the SourceForge downloads page was built using the GPH SDK, but I have compiled the Open2x toolchain-new and successfully built GNU Robbo using it except the sound didn't work, so I need to fiddle about a bit.

For the moment you can download the relevant package from the above link and I will update the archive shortly.
Any news about the Open2x compatible version ?
Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,
Thunor said:

Hi Magic Sam

I'll take a look over the weekend since I've got some maintenance stuff to do to Robbo anyway :)

Cheers,
Thunor

Magic Sam said:
Hi,
Thunor said:

Done.

http://gnurobbo.sourceforge.net/#downloads

It's based on the last source release which had a minor fix applied (SVN r331) which was Jan 21st 2010. I rebuilt the GPH version too but for the Open2x version I enabled the designer which requires mouse input and so if the SDL mouse API works on the F200 with Open2x then the designer will be functional, else it'll just be a pretty screen :p

Let me know if it all works fine.

Cheers,
Thunor

Back