Release Gnuboy Updated

Ok, this is a bit weird.

I loaded up The Adams Family a couple of times no problem. Then I tried to load Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt with proportional screen and it crashed back to the launcher.

I then tried to load The Adams Family again, it crashed out again.

Here is the output from the log:

Code:
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': No such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon: 
/dev/loop2
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop2
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-05-30
p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Processing archive: ../../../media/PANDORA1/Pandora/roms/GameBoy/Standard/Addams Family, The (U).zip

Extracting  Addams Family, The (U).gb

Everything is Ok

Size:       131072
Compressed: 98940
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/gnuboy/*': No such file or directory

Processing archive: ../../../media/PANDORA1/Pandora/roms/GameBoy/Standard/Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (U).zip

Extracting  Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (U).gb

Everything is Ok

Compressed: 98792
cannot open rom file: /tmp/gnuboy/Addams Family, The (U).gb
Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (U).gb

Processing archive: ../../../media/PANDORA1/Pandora/roms/GameBoy/Standard/Addams Family, The (U).zip

Everything is Ok

cannot open rom file: /tmp/gnuboy/Addams Family, The (U).gb
Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (U).gb
Starting PickleLauncher.
Running from './picklelauncher'
Loading config.
Initializing SDL.
SDL initialized.
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_edit.png at path='images/button_edit.png'
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_options.png at path='images/button_options.png'
Loading profile.
Closing TTF fonts.
Quitting TTF.
Quitting SDL.
Quitting PickleLauncher.
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

It said something about removing the /tmp/gnuboy folder? I deleted that then got this:

Code:
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': No such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon: 
/dev/loop4
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop4
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

Everything is Ok

Starting PickleLauncher.
Running from './picklelauncher'
Loading config.
Initializing SDL.
SDL initialized.
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_edit.png at path='images/button_edit.png'
LoadImage -> Could not load image: Couldn't open images/button_options.png at path='images/button_options.png'
Loading profile.
Closing TTF fonts.
Quitting TTF.
Quitting SDL.
Quitting PickleLauncher.
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

Hm, is there more than one file in that ZIP?
That won't work :)

It could also be it doesn't like it if the ZIP-Name is different than the ZIP...

It worked perfectly with the last release. Never had an issue with the same roms

Confirmed that rom name and zip name are exactly the same and only one rom in the zip.

It works when I delete the /tmp/gnuboy folder.... :blink:

jonlad1 said:
It worked perfectly with the last release. Never had an issue with the same roms

Confirmed that rom name and zip name are exactly the same and only one rom in the zip.

My zip files didnt work so I just unzipped them,
With files this small is there really any advantage to having them in a zipfile?

Last edited by a moderator:
jonlad1 said:

Hm, okay, will take a look into that...

Last edited:
Just been trying it some more...

It definitely fixes it by deleting the /tmp/gnuboy folder. I can then load a game first time. When I quit that game and try to load another game without quitting the launcher, it happens again - it crashes back to the launcher.

I also tried quitting Gnuboy after successfully starting a game, then going back into it to start a game, but same thing :(

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Cheers Ed :)

jonlad1 said:
Just been trying it some more...

It definitely fixes it by deleting the /tmp/gnuboy folder. I can then load a game first time. When I quit that game and try to load another game without quitting the launcher, it happens again - it crashes back to the launcher.

I also tried quitting Gnuboy after successfully starting a game, then going back into it to start a game, but same thing :(

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Cheers Ed :)

No, should be enough, thanks.
Looks like deleting the stuff in the /tmp/gnuboy-folder doesn't work properly.

Last edited:
jonlad1 said:

Could it be you were running them from MiniMenu and quit it with the PND-Button?
That would've prevented deletion of /tmp/gnuboy/.

I updated it, please try again.

Last edited:
I seem to have a problem with this version too, can't get it to locate my games at all, seems to be caught constantly in a loop inside another directory...

Stouffa said:
I seem to have a problem with this version too, can't get it to locate my games at all, seems to be caught constantly in a loop inside another directory...

try setting the path manually in the profile.txt, first line at the top (can be relative or absolute)

Pickle said:
Stouffa said:

try setting the path manually in the profile.txt, first line at the top (can be relative or absolute)

Thanks, had already just deleted the directory from within appears and tried again, that seemed to do the trick too!

I tried the new version, i'm afraid it still crashes out after loading a game the second time. Again, it works when I delete the /tmp/gnuboy folder.

Is that folder supposed to get deleted when loading a game?

Back