Good And Reliable Webspace Wanted

foxblock

Asleep
Well, so I got my free webspace suspended, because I accidentally uploaded an exe file (which I can't remember doing in the first place, but anyway...), so I am searching for a good replacement to host my stuff.

I am considering finally getting paid webspace, but if anyone knows any good free ones I will also be happy to hear about them.

I don't have any high requirements, but it should have the following:
  • at least 1 GB of storage space
  • unlimited traffic is not mandatory, I doubt it will create much
  • FTP access
  • PHP
  • mySQL is also not mandatory as I have no experience working with it and I not planning on using it, too
  • support for image hot-linking
  • preferable no ads (for the free ones)
  • Server location: EU (best: Germany)
  • low or no install costs
Thanks in advance,

foxblock out

foxblock said:
Well, so I got my free webspace suspended, because I accidentally uploaded an exe file (which I can't remember doing in the first place, but anyway...), so I am searching for a good replacement to host my stuff.

I am considering finally getting paid webspace, but if anyone knows any good free ones I will also be happy to hear about them.

I don't have any high requirements, but it should have the following:
  • at least 1 GB of storage space
  • unlimited traffic is not mandatory, I doubt it will create much
  • FTP access
  • PHP
  • mySQL is also not mandatory as I have no experience working with it and I not planning on using it, too
  • support for image hot-linking
  • preferable no ads (for the free ones)
  • Server location: EU (best: Germany)
  • low or no install costs
Thanks in advance,

foxblock out
Dude... I have plenty of space...

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy I know owns a small web hosting company, it might be what you're looking for.

http://www.microswift.com/

Who is your ISP with?
They should have allocated you a domain and some space. You most likely wont have 1GB, but probably 200MB..

Free Hosting: 1GB and 100Gb bandwith I'm not sure how good it is, I have heard it's "okay" but had some big adds.

Don't complain because it's free..

PokeParadox said:
Dude... I have plenty of space...
Heh, thanks for the offer, but I am not very comfortable with taking it for free - I will get in touch with you, though :)

Aethix said:
A guy I know owns a small web hosting company, it might be what you're looking for.

http://www.microswift.com/
Had a look at it, seems affordable, but I could not find any address the company or the servers are located, but judging from the prices (which are in US dollars) they are probably located in the US and I really would like a server in the EU or Germany, so I get some good connection and in the latter case, fast, native language support.

kingoddball said:
Who is your ISP with?
They should have allocated you a domain and some space. You most likely wont have 1GB, but probably 200MB..

Free Hosting: 1GB and 100Gb bandwith I'm not sure how good it is, I have heard it's "okay" but had some big adds.

Don't complain because it's free..
Yeah, I also thought that, but I am pretty sure my crappy ISP did not include a hosting package in the plan.
But I just remembered, my grandpa's ISP did (1GB and top-level domain if I recall correctly), which he does not use at all... maybe that is an option (I just always feel uncomfortable with bothering other people).

I will have a look at the free hoster, but yeah, you won't get it without big ads, which really sucks (but on the other hand they have to get their money some way).

Thanks for the replies so far, you already helped me :)

foxblock out

Last edited by a moderator:
Back