*good Deal* 16gb Micro Sd

darkriku

You can pick up a micro sd 16gb that will run in your wiz or anything else at your local office depot for 502$ i cant find it online it may be store only its on sale til the 14th then i believe itll go back to being 100$ so just letting you know :)

Amazon has 16 gb cards for ~$35...

Last edited by a moderator:
micro sds? plus u have to pay shipping and wait and amazons also everyday people what do you do if its faulty card
44 is the lowest i see and after shipping itd be close

Amazon has 16 gb cards for ~$35...
I'm not a Wiz owner, but just felt compelled to pop over to this thread and point out that the wholesale price for 16GB flash chips alone, not yet forming any sort of flash-drive or memory card, is generally around the $29 mark at this time. (Add the costs for the casings, controller hardware, packaging, and transit between countries to reach the retailer, and you can probably guess where I'm going with this. :p)

Would I be correct in guessing that these ~$35 cards are not supplied by Amazon, but by third parties selling via Amazon's website? The reason I ask this is, if a card is being sold for $35, it most likely wouldn't be turning a profit - or would barely be doing so - which raises alarm bells (at least with me) about the item's legitimacy. Amazon themselves aren't anything to worry about, of course, but fake flash media has been sold on there by third parties recently.

Just a warning in the hope of preventing any possible problems for anyone. :)

Whoops, I was speaking standard SDHC cards, pardon my reading comprehension.

And I've been using this card since I got my Wiz without issues.

Edit: It's list price fluctuates quite a lot. When I linked it the card was listed at 36, and as of this edit it's at 38.

Whoops, I was speaking standard SDHC cards, pardon my reading comprehension.
And I've been using this card since I got my Wiz without issues.

Edit: It's list price fluctuates quite a lot. When I linked it the card was listed at 36, and as of this edit it's at 38.

Just be careful inserting and handling those Transcend cards, DONT bend them even slightly. I had the same card go BAD after inserting it to put stuff on it after about a year. I lost everything and the card became unuseable. I am very careful with things too.

I pryed the plastic apart to see if i could see a problem, I did. The PCB in those is paper thin, a few of the memory chip's legs delaminated from the PCB. The traces were so fine that it wasn't repairable.

Thanks for the warning. I'll probably go with a more reputable brand if I ever grab a 32gb card.

Right now I don't ever take the card out of the Wiz. I just use the USB cable to edit the card's contents.

Back