Good News: GP32 & Flu & CPU @ 133mhz = 6 hours!

tk2001

Still Fresh
I've had my GP32 & flu for over a fortnight now and my Ni-MH (2000mAh) recharable batteries arrived a couple of days ago. Well I wanted to sell how long a pair of these batteries would last be with the light on and the CPU running at 133mhz.

I switched the GP32 with the flu light on also, selected GPEngine on put on Bonk's revenge and left the GP32 running with volume so that it was on half (quite loud). Came back 5 hours later and was shocked to see that it was still on. I browsed the net for an hour and the GP32 was still on. 10 minutes later, there was no sound, no light, but the power light was just on.

To be honest, I was expecting around just 4 hour with the light on and CPU on 133mhz but 6 hours is amazing IMHO. If you turn the light off and lower the CPU then you will probably get over 10 hours of playtime easily.

It's true! My 1800mAh rechargeables seem to be lasting FOREVER on my GP32 FLU.

Battery times are better than people imagined with the light. :)

BTW - what are the biggest capacity for these batteries? 1800 was the biggest at the store I went to. Are there more than 2000?

As far as I'm aware, 2000mAh is the max Ni-MH go up to. Obviously, thats bound to go up as time passes by.

Thanks for that link paulh, gonna get myself one of them 1 hour charges with 4 2200 NiMh batteries... so good, will be continous play with that :D

Put me down for a set of 2200's and a recharger.Didn't know such high capacity batteries existed.
I love this forum.
Now I need never be parted from my GP32.Sleep is overrated :)

While 6 hours is great my GP gets turned on and off a massive amount, I imagine that would kill the battery life massively.

Still going to get a FLU kit :D

Note that tk2001 left his GP32 and didn't actually use it. Pressing buttons consumes power too, active use could lessen battery life.

cool, now if i could only afford a FLU!, but those rechargeables plus recharger! wow! but also >_< 50 pounds!

Note that tk2001 left his GP32 and didn't actually use it. Pressing buttons consumes power too, active use could lessen battery life.

What!?

IANA electrician but I don't believe it would really affect it; the CPU takes up most of the battery, and the FPU, and both take in the same current whatever buttons are pressed (clock speed is constant). Pressing buttons merely turns on a switch or two internally, nothing major. Correct me if I'm wrong...

- Rico

Back