Turning On My Gp32 Problem

TomVS

Website
Visit site
My gp32 works excellent once I get it running...
When I power on the screen shows : nothing or... stripes,... my flu lights up all the time, so does the power on light...
When I keep trying the device kicks in and I can play for hours with no problem...

Does anyone have similar problem, does anyone has a repair suggestion ??

Thanks.

does only the screen not work, or the whole console? is it possible to launch games (you could notice that from the sound) or does nothing work at all?

what?!@gpmad

When I power the gp32 on... nothing happens the screen just shows stripes or stays blank... after a few tries (turning power on off on off on off....) the gp32 functions normally and I can use it normally

Hmmmmm. This stuff always happens to me... I have my gp32 for a few months now... I never wanted to send it back, because it works in the end. But now it seems I am the only one with this problem...

Thanks for the support guys.

Something like this happened to me coz my cousin kept turning the GP off then back on emmidiatley, although that method doesnt mess up a Gameboy it hurts the GP32 i think

When you turn a GP32 off then on again very quickly, it doesn't get time to turn off properly, and will be in a "hung" state with a messed up screen. (<--- maybe this causes permanent damage to the GP32 like mattmagoo said)

Maybe when you are turning your GP32 on, the movement of the switch is causing a dry solder joint/poor connection on the switch to cause the GP32 to momentarily lose power and then regain it, thus causing the above?

After a few attempts you may move the switch "on" in such a way that the connection isn't momentarily broken and thus the GP32 boots up fine...

TomVS posted on May 22 2004 at 07:01 PM said:
Mmm... I will inspect the on off switch by opening up the device...
This could be the problem...

Thanks
Sounds like a bum switch to me. The stripes always happen when the GP32 it turned off it is just the LCD. So it sounds like a bit of power is coming on for a moment and then cutting off. It could be a cold solder joint or a bad contact inside the switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back