GoodRoms cheking software

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Just curious to what a couple of things meant from the screen dump below.

GoodSMS: Copyright 1999-2002 Cowering (hotemu@hotmail.com) V 0.999.5 BETA
Found GoodSMS.db, Ignoring SMSHave

Stats: 665 entries, 404 redumps, 42 hacks/trainers, 116 bad/overdumps

1) Found GoodSMS.db, Ignoring SMSHave (?) what is SMSHave
2) What are redumps?
3) overdumps?
4) If a full set consists of 665 dumps does this mean [!] good dumps only? Excluding hacks/trainers then.. :huh:

1) Found GoodSMS.db, Ignoring SMSHave (?) what is SMSHave
A text list of the ROMs you have.

2) What are redumps?
I believe they're dumps with fragments missing.

3) overdumps?
Dumps with extra bytes in the ROM. If they're on the bottom, then it may still be playable.

4) If a full set consists of 665 dumps does this mean [!] good dumps only? Excluding hacks/trainers then..
If you add those three numbers together, they should add up to 665.

By the way...avoid giving out even IRC information on where to get ROMs. I'll still assume you're just talking about semi-legal things here :rolleyes:

generalnmx posted on Dec 22 2003 at 03:16 AM said:
4) If a full set consists of 665 dumps does this mean [!] good dumps only? Excluding hacks/trainers then..
If you add those three numbers together, they should add up to 665.

They Don't.

Maybe the GOOD dumps [!] is the remainder of TOTAL ENTRIES - REDUMPS - HACKS/TRAINERS - BAD/OVERDUMPS

Last edited by a moderator:
The main criticism I've heard over the past few years of good tools is from actual ROM dumpers themselves, and that's because they really kind of throw everything in together. Even the bad dumps, which the dumpers spent years trying to erase trace of (unsuccessfully). I've heard talk of other stuff, but I dunno what I may say...but like I said. They aren't satisfied, and never will be.

Overdumps result when the dump settings are wrong, I think. As said they're just bigger than the real one, and they function fine. Sometimes the size doesn't even match what it should (ie something to the power of 2). I've never encountered one which doesn't work.

Redumps I think are alternative sets. Same region and all, but the dumps differ slightly or something I guess, otherwise they'd be the same.

Ultimately, with Good Tools sets, the only stuff you need are the [!] dumps, dumps with no [!] available for that game, sometimes trained or cracked games...that's it. Occasionally a bad dump is actually a hack, or at least loads (the SMB with no title used to be classified as a bad dump I think). That's it.

jcbnetwork posted on Dec 22 2003 at 04:55 AM said:
Maybe the GOOD dumps [!] is the remainder of TOTAL ENTRIES - REDUMPS - HACKS/TRAINERS - BAD/OVERDUMPS
Nope added them up and it don't to the math

By the way...avoid giving out even IRC information on where to get ROMs. I'll still assume you're just talking about semi-legal things here

Call me a noob ;) but what does IRC mean? :blink:

I was just curious about some of the terminology of the PD program itself, didn't realise i had trod on any dodgy ground .. i excuse myself and shall ask no more ;)

as they old saying goes curiosity killed the cat :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back